Job Title: Housing Coordinator
FLSA Status: Full-time/salaried
The primary responsibilities of this position is to provide direct services such as housing advocacy, connection to mainstream resources, housing stabilization services, placement, and case management for individuals experiencing homelessness. The Housing Coordinator works in conjunction with the Housing Advocate to administer services based on the Housing First model. The ideal candidate for this position posses a vast knowledge of housing and community resources, as well as the flexibility to work within a team and individually.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 36 HOUR WORK WEEKS!
- 11 paid holidays + your birthday paid!
- 3 weeks of vacation!
- 4 weeks of vacation after 1 year
- Paid mental health days
- Paid sick time
- FREE disability insurance
- FREE life insurance
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- We are an eligible employer for public student loan forgiveness
- Many advancement opportunities!
- And more! Check out our 2023 Benefit Flyer Here!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with area shelters and social service agencies to link community members with mainstream resources/referrals needed to regain stable housing.
- Evaluate individual’s eligibility for program participation based on program guidelines and income calculation.
- Develop Individualized Service Plans in collaboration with the Housing Advocate.
- Monitor and evaluate progress towards identified goals.
- Complete case notes/documentation for each participant, based on their level of engagement in the program.
- Identify program participant’s barriers to housing and work one on one to advocate for the housing needs of each program participant, and refer to appropriate resources.
- Participate in Rapid Re-housing process as determined by program policies.
- Provide coverage for Housing Search & Placement activities as needed.
- Complete monthly home visits and in-office case management appointments as required.
- Develop relationships with landlords and establish new housing opportunities for program participants.
- Submit rental requests and security deposit payments per program policy.
- Monitor program budget for rent assistance and security deposit assistance.
- Complete data entry on regular basis.
- Participate in the development of relevant policies and procedures as it relates to the role of the Housing Coordinator.
- Monitor programmatic changes requested by funders.
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Manager of Interim Housing.
- Knowledge of program financial objectives and maintain caseload per program budget.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to complete tasks on time, manage time appropriately and multi-task, and work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Possession of an automobile, and a valid driver’s license and insurance in compliance with agency limits.
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel.
Training and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Social Work or related field required.
- Knowledge of Housing First Model.
- Knowledge of case management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of mainstream/community resources.
- Knowledge of personal computer software including Microsoft Word.
- Bilingual strongly desired.
- Knowledge of available housing opportunities desired.
- Experience working with homeless individuals desired.
- Knowledge of Service Point or similar system desired.
All Guest House of Milwaukee employees are required to report their COVID vaccination status, whether vaccinated or not, and must provide supporting documentation if vaccinated. Newly hired employees will be required to submit this information within their first two weeks of employment.
The Guest House of Milwaukee is an equal opportunity employer and service provider. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.