Job Title: Internal Case Manager
Reports To: Supervisor of Internal Case Management
FLSA Status: Full-time/Salaried
The Internal Case Manager will be expected to provide direct services and educational classes while coordinating delivery of services with community resources. The goal is to help individuals residing at the Guest House obtain permanent housing and a self-sustaining income. This position works with our Emergency Shelter, Transitional Housing and Veterans programs.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- WHAT WE OFFER:
- 36 HOUR WORK WEEKS!
- 11 paid holidays + your birthday paid!
- 3 weeks of vacation!
- 4 weeks of vacation after 1 year
- Paid mental health days
- Paid sick time
- FREE disability insurance
- FREE life insurance
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- We are an eligible employer for public student loan forgiveness
- Many advancement opportunities!
- And more! Check out our 2023 Benefit Flyer Here!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a caseload up to 25-30 clients/guests.
- Gather eligibly documentation for clients designated
- Administer assessments to determine clients’
- Develop an Individual Service Plan (ISP) or Housing Stabilization Plan to meet client
- Positively and respectfully engage with assigned clients to help them to obtain their
- Utilize community resources that provide services such as job-readiness, literacy and GED, AODA and Mental Health treatment, counseling, benefits, driver license recovery, and
- Complete the necessary follow-up or actions to assist clients in achieving the goals or meeting their
- Ensure that all resident records are organized and properly documented as outlined in funding
- Accurately enter data in the agency database and Service Point in a timely
- Facilitate and participate in community meetings and training for
- Assist in program evaluation and development by preparing reports, billing statements and other outcomes based documents in accordance with funding
- Participate in efforts to improve the overall processes and outcomes of all Case Management
- Professionally communicate with service providers, clients, co-workers, and community
- Work collaboratively with staff from other departments at the Guest House and participate on the Comprehensive Service
- Participate in community events for networking and collaboration
- General work hours are Monday – Friday, however some flexibility will be required to work evenings and possible some weekend
- Join a least one Guest House staff
- City of Milwaukee residency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related
- A minimum of 2 years case management experience
- Experience working with Veterans
- Maintain a valid Wisconsin driver license, reliable transportation, and vehicle insurance in compliance with agency
- Pleasant attitude and people
Training and Experience:
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet).
- Familiar with issues related to homelessness, mental illnesses and substance
- Understanding of motivational interviewing and stages of change
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management
- Good decision-making and problem-solving
- Ability to plan, implement, participate and follow through on projects relating to the
- Ability to think critically and work independently as well as on a
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
All Guest House of Milwaukee employees are required to report their COVID vaccination status, whether vaccinated or not, and must provide supporting documentation if vaccinated. Newly hired employees will be required to submit this information within their first two weeks of employment.
The Guest House of Milwaukee is an equal opportunity employer and service provider. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.