Job Title: VA TIP Case Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time/Salaried
Salary: Starting at $40,000
This position is responsible for delivery of intensive case management services for Veterans who were previously homeless and are transitioning to permanent housing. The TIP Case Manager will have knowledge of community resources and the VA system, and provide intensive services that offer veterans opportunities to improve and enhance skills for long term housing stability and wellness. The TIP Case Manager is expected to be available on a 24-hour “on-call” basis for emergencies.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 3 WEEKS OF VACATION & 11 PAID HOLIDAYS
- PAID BIRTHDAYS OFF
- FREE DISABILITY INSURANCE
- FREE LIFE INSURANCE
- HEALTH, DENTAL & VISION BENEFITS
- CONTINUING EDUCATION BONUS
- WE ARE AN ELIGIBLE EMPLOYER FOR FEDERAL STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS
- AND MORE!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in recruitment of TIP participants
- Conduct assessment and orientation of the new participants
- Provide intensive case management for a caseload of 8-10 Veterans
- Create, implement and review individualized service plans
- Have a minimum of weekly contact with each assigned Veteran and conduct home visits no less than once per month
- Ensure that all guest records and other records are documented and preserved according to program policies
- Utilize strength based, trauma informed, recovery oriented, and culturally sensitive approach to service.
- Provides intensive and ongoing monitoring of clients to maintain housing stability, supports clients in self-advocacy, provides support and crisis intervention as necessary and ensures adherence with program guidelines
- Positively engages with assigned Veterans to help them to obtain their goals
- Assist Veterans in accessing VA and community resources
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work a flexible schedule – including evening hours per needs of participants
- Knowledge and experience of utilizing VA, community and housing resources
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbal and written.
- Ability to write professional and technical documents
- Ability to plan, implement and follow through on projects relating to the position
- Ability to provide case management for eligible targeted population
- Understanding of issues relating to Veterans, homelessness and mental health
- Maintain a valid Wisconsin driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation in compliance with agency requirements.
Training and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Social Work, Human Services or a related field required.
- Excellent people skills
- Experience working with Veterans
- Crisis Prevention and Intervention training
- Knowledge and experience in motivational interviewing and trauma informed care
- Computer proficient – working knowledge of Microsoft programs
- First Aid training and CPR certification a plus
- Veteran status preferred
All Guest House of Milwaukee employees are required to report their COVID vaccination status, whether vaccinated or not, and must provide supporting documentation if vaccinated.
The Guest House of Milwaukee is an equal opportunity employer and service provider. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.