Job Title: Lead Case Manager
Reports To: Supervisor of Internal Case Management
FLSA Status: Full-time/Salaried
This position is responsible for assisting with the daily operations of the Internal Case Management program, in addition to providing intensive case management and support for a caseload of clients with a history of homelessness. The Lead Case Manager will assist the Supervisor of Internal Case Management with, training, administrative duties and effective coordination of services for clients in the Gates and VA Per Diem programs.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 3 WEEKS OF VACATION & 11 PAID HOLIDAYS
- PAID BIRTHDAY OFF
- FREE DISABILITY INSURANCE
- FREE LIFE INSURANCE
- HEALTH, DENTAL & VISION BENEFITS
- CONTINUING EDUCATION BONUS
- WE ARE ELIGIBLE EMPLOYER FOR FEDERAL STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS
- AND MORE!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a caseload up to 17-20 clients/guests.
- Provides administrative coverage and leads weekly team meetings in the absence of the Supervisor of Internal Case Management.
- Complete intake assessments for incoming clients to identify service needs and assist with referrals to community agencies.
- Support team members by serving as a resource for analyzing and solving problems.
- Assist with on-boarding and training of new staff as well as providing coaching and guidance.
- Develop strategies to improve the overall processes and outcomes for the Gates and VA Per Diem programs.
- Assist the Supervisor of Internal Case Management to ensure all program aspects and services are in alignment with federal regulations and internal Guest House protocols.
- Conduct ongoing audits of client files, in conjunction with the Supervisor of Internal Case Management.
- Assist the Supervisor of Internal Case Management with oversight of Service Point data related to the Gates and VA Per Diem Programs.
- Ability to utilize strength based, trauma informed, recovery oriented, and culturally sensitive approach to service. Model recovery principles with the client, his/her family, and other providers/organizations involved in the clients plan.
- Ensure that all charts and other records are documented and preserved according to Guest House program standards and funders by facilitating monthly peer chart audits and quarterly chart audits for all team members
- Participate in discharge planning and identifying appropriate housing options for residents who are ready to move on from programming.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor of Internal Case Management.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in human services, social work, psychology
- Two or more years of related case management experience is required
- Basic understanding of and willingness to provide services based on recovery principles, including but not limited to self-advocacy, resilience, stages of change and client self-direction and empowerment.
- Demonstrate cultural competency and work with individuals from diverse economic, ethnic and cultural background in a respectful manner.
- Understanding of issues relating to homelessness and mental health.
- Knowledge and experience of utilizing community and housing-related resources.
- Ability to plan, implement and follow through on projects relating to the position.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation in compliance with agency requirements
Training and Experience:
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Service Point)
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Good decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks often under time deadlines
- Ability to critically think and work independently as well as on a collegial multidisciplinary team setting
All Guest House of Milwaukee employees are required to report their COVID vaccination status, whether vaccinated or not, and must provide supporting documentation if vaccinated. Newly hired employees will be required to submit this information within their first two weeks of employment.
The Guest House of Milwaukee is an equal opportunity employer and service provider. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.