Job Title: Resident Manager – Pathways to Permanent Housing
FLSA Status: $15 per hour, first shift
Resident Managers provide support services to adults living in the Pathways to Permanent Housing Program. Under the guidance and direction of the Program Manager and working collaboratively with other facility staff and peer specialists, the Resident Manager observes, assesses, and responds to the needs of residents, and provides support services and encouragement to them while they are enrolled in the program.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 11 paid holidays + your birthday paid!
- 3 weeks of vacation!
- 4 weeks of vacation after 1 year
- Paid mental health days
- Paid sick time
- FREE disability insurance
- FREE life insurance
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- We are an eligible employer for public student loan forgiveness
- Many advancement opportunities!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observe, support and interact with residents during their day-to-day activities, and ensure that their daily living needs are met.
- Record daily documentation of the residents’ well being.
- Collaborate with and support the efforts of case managers and other internal and external staff who are providing guidance and skills training to residents in performing routine activities of daily living and in fostering healthy interpersonal relationships.
- Distribute meals, maintain a meal log, and clean up after meals.
- Maintain a clean environment in the Pathways to Independence Program.
- Set up and prepare rooms as required when residents move out.
- Identify and report building problems to the Program Manager or on-call staff.
- Participate in team and staff meetings.
- Monitor front desk activities, including phone usage and sign-in and sign-out sheets for residents and visiting case managers.
- Successful completion of the Resident Manager Training Program.
- This position works in a group home environment where individuals are preparing to become independent and eventually live on their own. The employee spends most of their day in the common area and the front desk with clients.
- This position communicates frequently with clients regarding daily activities and to ensure their needs are met. Must be able to communicate with the clients to ensure their general safety and wellbeing.
- Must be able to conduct periodic room inspections, identify building problems and monitor front desk activities.
- Must be able to detect smells to address building and client concerns.
Training and Experience:
- A High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate is required.
- Also required is a minimum of one year of experience working with persons with mental illness and who are or have been homeless.
All Guest House of Milwaukee employees are required to report their COVID vaccination status, whether vaccinated or not, and must provide supporting documentation if vaccinated. Newly hired employees will be required to submit this information within their first two weeks of employment.
The Guest House of Milwaukee is an equal opportunity employer and service provider. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.