STREET KEEPERS PROGRAM
29 hours per week
General Statement of Duties
Crew Driver provides daily transportation for the Street Keepers Crew using the company van and trailer. Crew Members work on a team to upkeep the Havenwoods neighborhood through litter pick-up, landscaping, small maintenance and additional projects as needed. Crew Members will also assist the Resident Engagement Manager with the planning and execution of community events.
Temporary, entry-level position for those seeking work experience, job-readiness training, and career planning. Must be committed to professional development coursework on site, have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Tasks
- Transport the crew around the Havenwoods neighborhood via the company van.
- Perform a wide variety of maintenance tasks such as removing litter, leaves, & debris.
- Engage residents in positive activities through event organizing & promotion.
- Understand the Havenwoods neighborhood, including local businesses, artists, and happenings & identify resident needs.
- Participate in planting shrubs and flowers, trimming trees and shrubbery, and performing related landscape tasks in public right of way or public spaces.
- Perform supervised tasks involving minor carpentry and painting work.
- Perform supervised landscape equipment repair and maintenance duties.
Additional Job Duties
- Perform related duties as required
- Engage with supervisor on personal and professional development
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred:
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to be on time for work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changes as the work requires.
- Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, and lifting 50lbs.
- Ability to tolerate outside elements such as heat, sun and cooler temperatures.
Desirable Education and Experience:
High school diploma, GED or equivalency
Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record
Mail a Resume to:
6161 N. 64th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53218
Email a Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for an Appointment: 414-431-2207