Pretrial Case Managers are the critical link between clients who are economically, racially, and ethnically diverse in navigating the criminal justice system. They hold the client accountable, help ensure appearance at court, compliance with court-ordered conditions, and aid in remaining arrest-free during the pretrial period. The Case Manager will work with the client to identify any barriers for appearing in court and refer clients to resources in the community to help address any identified individual needs and goals. Clients often experience mental health and/or substance abuse disorders and require a Case Manager who is empathetic and compassionate. The Case Manager should have knowledge of the criminal justice system and act as a neutral party between the client, the prosecuting attorney’s office, and defense attorneys.
The Case Manager will provide supervision and assist clients in reaching successful pretrial supervision outcomes through case management that targets individual barriers and needs; complete assessments to help identify barriers and needs; help ensure the client attends all court appearances and remains arrest-free; refer to & have knowledge of available resources; prepare and submit accurate court reports outlining the client’s status and progress; maintain accurate records in the client database; and perform other duties as assigned.
BONUS: If you are hired and remain in this position for at least 90 days, you will receive a $500 bonus and an additional $250 if you stay for six months!
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to communicate professionally and accurately, both orally and written
- Organized, attentive to detail, ability to multi-task, work independently
- Ability to work well with individuals from diverse economic, racial, and ethnic backgrounds
- Fluency in Spanish, spoken and written preferred
- Previous experience or internship in a related field preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Social Work, Psychology, or related human services field OR Associate’s degree with experience preferred
- Pass a pre-employment background check
- Valid driver’s license and automobile with insurance
- Ascribe to and champion The Difference Principles
Full-time, salary w/benefits; M-F 8a-430p (4 days in office, 1 day remote)
JusticePoint is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.