The Recovery Court Assistant fulfills an important role in assistant the Clark County Recovery Court. The Recovery Court Assistant aids the Recovery Court Coordinator in providing direct services to existing participants in the Recovery Court Program. This includes daily activities of the Recovery Court including client interaction, helping participants problem-solve barriers that may impact their success in the program, and drug testing for the program. The individuals we serve often experience mental health and/or substance abuse disorders, so this position requires an individual who is empathetic, compassionate, and composed.
The Recovery Court Assistant’s responsibilities include entering and maintaining notes in the electronic database, attending Recovery Court staffing and court, performing observed urine/oral fluid/alcohol screening for Recovery Court clients, enter and maintain case information in the electronic database, referring to & having knowledge of available community resources.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Ability to communicate professionally & accurately, both orally and written
- Organized, attentive to detail, ability to multi-task, work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work well with individuals from diverse economic, racial, and ethnic backgrounds
- Previous experience working with criminal justice-involved clients preferred
- Experience in healthcare, human services, or criminal justice fields
- Valid driver’s license and automobile with insurance
- Pass a pre-employment background check
- Ascribe to & champion The Difference Principles
Part-time; $18/hour; 18 hours/week; 2-3 partial weekend days/month + Monday mornings