JUSTICEPOINT is proud to offer a competitive benefits package which prioritizes the physical and mental wellbeing of our staff including:
- 11 PAID holidays each year
- PAID day off for your birthday
- 24 hours of personal time
- PAID vacation and sick time
- Affordable health and dental insurance including voluntary Accident or Critical Illness plans
- FREE vision insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Career growth through FREE trainings during work hours including trainings that satisfy Continuing Education Units for licensing requirements
- FREE disability insurance
- FREE life insurance
- Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, 401K
CLICK TO SEE A FULL LIST OF BENEFITS!
The role of the Case Manager is to assist defendants who are economically, racially, and ethnically diverse and guide them in navigating the criminal justice system. They hold the client accountable and help ensure their appearance at in court and in remaining arrest-free during the pretrial period. The Case Manager is responsible for making referrals to services that can assist the client in meeting their individual goals. Clients often experience mental health and/or substance abuse disorders and require a Case Manager who is both empathetic and compassionate. The Case Manager should have knowledge of the criminal justice system and act as a neutral party between the client, the District Attorney’s Office, and defense.
Case Managers will complete pretrial risk assessments for defendants booked into the Racine County Jail; provide written reports to the court that include recommendations for release conditions; perform drug and alcohol screening; provide electronic monitoring services; refer to & have knowledge of available community resources; help ensure the defendant attends all court appearances & remains arrest-free; enter and maintain case information in the electronic database.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Ability to communicate professionally & accurately, both orally and written
- Organized, attentive to detail, ability to multi-task, work independently
- Demonstrate ability to work well with individuals from diverse economic, racial, and ethnic backgrounds and LGBTQIA+ identities
- Fluency in Spanish, spoken and written preferred
- Previous experience working with criminal justice-involved clients preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Social Work, Psychology, or related Human Services field
- Valid driver’s license and automobile with insurance
- Pass a pre-employment background check (conducted by the Racine County Sheriff’s Department)
- Ascribe to & champion The Difference Principles
Full-time; salary ($40,000) with benefits; Mon-Fri; occasional weekends.
JUSTICEPOINT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER