Case Managers are the nexus that serves the needs of defendants who are economically, racially, and ethnically diverse and assist those clients in navigating the criminal justice system. They hold the client accountable and help ensure court appearances and remaining arrest-free during the pretrial period. Clients often experience mental health and/or substance abuse disorders and require a Case Manager who is both empathetic and compassionate. The Case Manager should have knowledge of the criminal justice system and act as a neutral party between the client, the District Attorney’s Office, and defense.
Case Managers complete pretrial risk assessments for defendants booked into the Racine County Jail; provide written reports to the court that include recommendations for release conditions; administer drug screens to male clients (collector must be the same gender as the client providing the sample); provide electronic monitoring services; refer to & have knowledge of available community resources; help ensure the defendant attends all court appearances & remains arrest-free; enter and maintain case information in the electronic database.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Ability to communicate professionally & accurately, both orally and written
- Organized, attentive to detail, ability to multi-task, work independently
- Fluency in Spanish, spoken and written preferred
- Previous experience working with criminal justice-involved clients preferred
- Ability to work well with individuals from diverse economic, racial, and ethnic backgrounds and LGBTQ+ identities
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Social Work, Psychology, or related Human Services field
- Valid driver’s license and automobile with insurance
- Pass a pre-employment background check (conducted by the Racine County Sheriff’s Department)
- Ascribe to & champion The Difference Principles
Full-time; salary with benefits; Mon-Fri; occasional weekends.
JUSTICEPOINT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER