This is a remote Mentor position in which you will work with a child in or near where you live. The counties that we serve are; Washington, Waukesha, Ozaukee, Dodge, Walworth, and Jefferson. As a Mentor, you will be picking up your client from their home to do activities together that work towards goals. You would come to our Dousman campus for New Hire Orientation, but the weekly activities will be within the community.
Do you want to make a difference in a child’s life? Become a Mentor today!
Research confirms that quality mentoring relationships have powerful positive effects on young people in a variety of personal, academic, and professional situations. Ultimately, mentoring connects a young person to personal growth and development, and social and economic opportunity. Yet one in three young people will grow up without this critical asset.
Lad Lake is seeking quality Mentors to fill this critical need for children within many SE Wisconsin counties. A quality Mentor is an understanding and trusted counselor. He/she is a coach, a confidant, an adviser, a friend, and an advocate.
This is a paid part-time Mentor position that includes travel and expense allocations. Weekly hours range from 4 – 30 hours depending on how many cases you choose to work with. Usually, evening and weekend hours are required.
Pay is $15.00 an hour.
- Model positive behavior
- Supervision and safety of your client
- Build a positive relationship with your client
- Meet with the client on a weekly basis
- Provide a safe place for your client to communicate with you
- Build trust through commitment and consistency
- Encourage the child to use his/her full potential
- Maintain open communication with your client’s family and County Case Managers
- Complete required training
- Report any criminal activity, abuse, or other unusual happenings
- Enter case notes after each contact with your client.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to become a Mentor.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must show proof of 100,000/300,000 Bodily Injury Auto Liability Insurance and 100,000 Property Damage Auto Liability Insurance.
- Must have good communication skills.
- $200 Signing Bonus
- Community-based position
- 401k plan
- Casual dress
- Company-paid training
- Ongoing paid training
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Employer