This position is responsible for the coordination of wishes within the policies and procedures established by Make-A-Wish America and Make-A-Wish Wisconsin. Efforts are coordinated with other members of the Mission Delivery Department in fulfilling the mission of creating life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage an individual caseload of wishes and ensure wishes proceed in a timely manner. For travel wishes, responsible for: transportation, accommodations, assisting destination chapters, medical equipment, liability forms, itineraries and any other details necessary for the proper execution of the wish. For non-travel wishes, responsible for: purchasing, organizing and implementing all facets of the wish in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Supervise and support assigned wish granting volunteers throughout the wish process.
- For each wish, establish budget and ensure fiscal responsibility while maintaining proper and up to date data entry and information throughout wish process (Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce programs software).
- Maintain that each assigned wish has all required forms completed and on file per Make-A-Wish America.
- Research, develop and maintain relationships with vendors in wish specialty area in an effort to affordably grant wishes to qualified children.
- Maintain close communication with wish granters and wish families to ensure an orderly, magical wish that is in the best interest of the child.
- Keep abreast of all National and local policies, procedures, Performance Standards, guidelines and resources as they relate to the wish granting program.
- Conduct volunteer and medical outreach training sessions statewide with Mission Delivery colleagues, as needed.
- Serve as a wish granter with rush wishes and in unusual family situations.
- Support Development and Marketing & Communication Departments as needed with the Chapter newsletter and special events.
- Assist in selecting certain wish children for participation in special events.
- Represent Make-A-Wish Wisconsin responsibly and professionally and provide excellent customer service to all constituents.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- A commitment to and passion for the work of the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Previous volunteer coordination or fund-raising experience preferred. Previous non-profit or social work experience helpful.
- Bilingual abilities in English and Spanish required. At minimum must be Professional Working Proficiency in Spanish.
- Self-motivated, creative, problem-solving team player who is a detail-oriented professional with excellent writing, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks is essential. Public speaking experience helpful.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills. Ability to interact with diverse groups and work successfully in a collaborative, team-oriented organization is essential.
- Comfort with understanding and communicating outlined policies to wish families and volunteers.
- Experience with having difficult conversations a must.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to work evening and weekend hours as required.
Subject Line should read “Bilingual Wish Coordinator”
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE! Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.