Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Since the Wisconsin chapter was founded in 1984, nearly 8,000 families statewide can attest to the power of a wish. Currently, more than 500 Wisconsin children are in the process of having their special wishes granted.
This internship is a meaningful opportunity to share in the power of a child’s wish coming true, while gaining relevant professional experience at one of the leading Make-A-Wish chapters in the country. Our Mission Delivery interns support the Mission Delivery staff in all aspects of the wish granting experience.
- Learn a broad understanding of nonprofit operations and strategies in the wish granting process.
- Develop and/or enhance organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Create a lasting connection between the Make-A-Wish® mission and future experiences.
- Understand and experience the Power of a Wish.
MISSION DELIVERY INTERN (Tasks include, but are not limited to):
- Assist Wish Coordinators and Mission Delivery Staff with the planning and coordinating of wishes.
- Includes, but not limited to, arranging travel accommodations (transportation, hotels, etc.), coordinating with outside vendors for wish assistance, preparing wish itineraries, researching unique wishes.
- General office work and data entry related to wish files.
VOLUNTEER SERVICES INTERN (Tasks include, but are not limited to):
- Collaborate with Mission Delivery Staff in supporting the wish journey.
- Support Volunteer Services manager and coordinator in ongoing projects.
- Organize initial information given to wish child and family to move the child’s wish into motion.
- Send wish boosts to wish children throughout the wish journey.
- Assist and/or create volunteer appreciation gifts, mailings, etc.
- General office work and data entry related to volunteer files.
- At least sophomore standing and enrolled in a college or university pursuing degree in Human Social Service, Social Work, Psychology, Public Health, Business, or related field. A two-semester internship is preferred.
- Organized, detailed-oriented and capable of managing multiple tasks.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Mature, friendly, outgoing, and able to build rapport with diverse groups of people.
- Experienced in Microsoft Word and Excel; Salesforce experience recommended but not required.
- Some previous volunteering experience preferred.
- Transportation to the Wauwatosa office is required.
- Must be able to work within a consistent schedule during normal office hours, ideally 10-15 hours per week.
- Attendance at evening or weekend meetings and/or events may be necessary.
- To enable the receipt of college credits, Make-A-Wish will work with you to meet your school’s requirements.
- A $500 stipend based on a minimum of 100 hours will be paid upon the satisfactory completion of the internship. Hours to be determined between student and Mission Delivery Department.
- Any work-related expenses incurred will be reimbursed.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and references via e-mail, mail, or fax to:
Subject: Intern Search
11020 West Plank Court Suite 200
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Fax : 262.781.3736