The Child Care Teacher cares for the safety and wellbeing of infants and children of all ages in a teaching, child care setting while their mothers attend Substance Use Disorder (SUD) programming.
Essential Functions of the Job
Plan and coordinate developmentally appropriate activities each day in art, music, language, motor skills development, and social awareness.
- Maintain order and control in classroom.
- Maintain a classroom that promotes the general health, wellbeing, and safety of children.
- Encourage children to develop conflict resolution, self-regulation, and self-help skills.
- Must be flexible with the constant changing needs of the department and how it serves Meta House. Must be willing to relocate to other site when needed.
- Ability to work as team player with ethnically diverse population.
- Stimulate and encourage children’s personal growth emotionally and socially.
- Keep accurate attendance records, daily progress reports, service sheets, and appointment calendars.
- Work collaboratively with parents and treatment teams using trauma informed best practices.
- Follow all RIPLE procedures.
- Manage and participate in gym and outdoor activities with children.
- Mandated Reporter of Child Abuse.
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Keep supervisor informed of any child or program related concerns at all times.
- Abide by agency policies and practices as outlined in employee handbook.
- Maintain physical state of classroom and equipment by practicing safety and cleanliness. Prepare healthy snacks. Follow all COVID procedures.
- Other duties with the organization as assigned by supervisor such as, but not limited to, sorting donations, escorting residents, transportation, helping with various programming needs, etc.
- Attend Child and Family and Residential Program staff meetings.
Participate in Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation group, individual and group supervision, and other trainings required by supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements
- College level courses in related field preferred
- Level 7 or Better WI Registry, Infant and Toddler, Preschool, Inclusion Credential
- CPR and first aid certifications
- CEU’s Early Childhood – Annually
- Reliable transportation (travel from site to site)
- All Meta House staff are required to provide proof of MMR, Varicella, Covid-19, and Annual Flu Vaccination
Other Skills Required
- Able to work in a multi-cultural setting
- Able to work well with school-aged children, preschool children, toddlers and infants
- Computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and other applications
- SUD knowledge preferred, but not required
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Adherence to a nonsmoking work environment.
- Tolerate occasional hot or cold days.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time including alternating sitting or standing at will.
- Lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis and 40 pounds on occasion.
- Ascend and descend stairs using feet and legs.
- Bend, stoop, twist, squat, and kneel to perform essential functions.
- Reach overhead, and at or below shoulder level.
- Read and enter text or data into a computer or other system.
- Seize, hold, grasp, turn, or otherwise work with hands.
- Touch, pick, punch or otherwise working with fingers.
- Hear, understand, and distinguish speech and/or other sounds in order to communicate with clients and/or colleagues.
- Walk between facilities and outdoors
- Travel between local sites
- Express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word to impart oral information to clients or the public and convey detailed spoken instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- See clearly at approximately 20 inches or less including use of computers or tablet.
- Visually identify clients and others for reasons including, but not limited to security and presence in the building.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license recommended.
- Ability to use personal vehicle for work related duties.
- Auto insurance coverage with the following limits: 100k per person bodily injury/300k per accident bodily injury limit/100k property damage liability (required for employees using their personal vehicle for work or for employees transporting clients in their personal vehicle).
apply by clicking the link below: