The Child Care Teacher is to care for the safety and wellbeing of infants and children of all ages in a teaching, child care setting while their mothers attend alcohol and other drug abuse (AODA) programming.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Plan and coordinate developmentally appropriate activities each day in art, music, language, motor skills development, and social awareness
- Maintain order and control in classroom
- Maintain a classroom that promotes the general health, wellbeing, and safety of children
- Encourage children to develop conflict resolution, self regulation, and self help skills
- Must be flexible with the constant changing needs of the department and how it serves Meta House. It is a drop-in center. Must be willing to relocate to other site when needed.
- Ability to work as team player with ethnically diverse population
- Stimulate and encourage children’s personal growth emotionally and socially
- Keep accurate attendance records, daily progress reports, service sheets
- Keep supervisor informed of any child or program related concerns at all times
- Abide by agency policies and practices as outlined in employee handbook
- Maintain physical state of classroom and equipment by practicing safety and cleanliness. Prepare healthy snacks.
- Other duties with the organization as assigned by supervisor such as, but not limited to, sorting donations, escorting residents, transportation, helping with various programming needs, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements
- College level courses in related field preferred
- Infant/toddler training, Early Childhood I, Early Childhood II
- CPR and first aid certifications
- Driver’s license and proof of insurance (if at residential site) (optional)
Other Skills Required
- Able to work in a multi-cultural setting
- Able to work well with school-aged children and infants
- Computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, and other applications
- AODA knowledge preferred, but not required
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, and crouch for extended periods
- Walk between facilities
- Navigate within facilities including stairs
- Lift 15 to 25 pounds
- Manage and participate in gym activities
- Work 30 hours per week
How to Apply:
Please email a resume to email@example.com with "CCT" in the subject line.