We are looking for an outgoing, reliable and highly organized person to assist with the management of daily logistics and activities at Milwaukee Diaper Mission. In this position, you will contribute in an administrative capacity by assisting the Executive Director with program development, managing relationships with partner organizations and volunteers, supporting product inventory and distribution, organizing events, and day-to-day operations.
Milwaukee Diaper Mission is Milwaukee’s first and only basic needs bank. Our mission is to empower families in need by providing a reliable source of free diapers and period supplies. We work with local social service agencies to provide free basic hygiene items to low-income families while raising awareness of the public health crises known as Diaper Need and Period Poverty. We were founded in September of 2020 and have been experiencing rapid growth and success since then.
We work in a bright and cheery office/warehouse environment where everyone belongs. MDM consistently focuses on advocacy, equity, and inclusivity. We believe deeply that diversity and inclusion makes us better at our work and helps us build a stronger movement. We believe in collaboration over competition. We believe in a healthy work-life balance.
- Volunteer Management – engaging with individuals interested in volunteering with our organization, coordinating volunteer staffing, facilitating volunteer experiences
- Inventory Management – utilizing an inventory tracking system to ensure that donations and purchased product are accounted for
- Facilitating the monthly distribution of product to partner organizations (to include the onboarding and training of new and existing partner organizations, scheduling pick-up times, ensuring product requests are received and fulfilled each month)
- Observing, reviewing and analyzing processes to identify inefficiencies and areas where improvements could be made
- Working with the events committee to plan and execute volunteer and fundraising events throughout the year
- Preparing and maintaining operations documents and reports
- Performing administrative tasks, such as answering emails and scheduling meetings, as needed.
Desired Experience & Skills
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
- Good time management, prioritization, and multitasking abilities
- Able to resolve problematic situations efficiently
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with colleagues, partner organizations and the community
- Effective communication, including speaking, writing and active listening
- The ability to handle conflict, confrontation, and uncomfortable situations head-on and with grace
- Should be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 30 pounds and stand or walk for extended periods of time, including working in the warehouse approximately 15 hours per month
- Proven ability to delegate and manage workloads and projects across functions
- Strong analytic skills and a strategic thinker who is open to different perspectives and new ways of doing things
- Able to give and receive feedback and constructive criticism
Education & Work Experience
- Prior work experience as an Operations Coordinator or similar role preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of associate’s degree required
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org