GUEST SERVICES ASSOCIATE – JOY HOUSE DIVISION OF WOMEN & CHILDREN
Joy House – Milwaukee Rescue Mission Division for Women & Children. The women and children who come to us for emergency or long-term support rely on the safety, love and warmth of Joy House and its many services and programs. We nourish and nurture them through training, education and spiritual guidance so they can make better lives for themselves and for their kids.
The Joy House Division for Women and Children is looking for mature Christian women, with good people skills and a strong heart’s desire to work with the homeless, to fill multiple Guest Services Associate positions. Guest Services Associates assist in maintaining a hospitable environment by making sure all areas of Joy House are safe, clean, orderly and grace filled for Joy House guests and staff.
- Full-time positions available on 1st, 2nd & 3rd Shift
- Part-time positions available on 2nd & 3rd shift
Location: Central Campus – 830 N 19th Street, Milwaukee, WI. 53233
- Help with the basic care needs of our guests i.e., distribution of toiletries, clean linens, medication and food. Assist guests with personal laundry, cleaning, managing children, etc.
- Help to provide assistance and oversight to women and families during meal time transport, daily activities, breaks and regularly scheduled meetings, acting as both a mentor and guide
- Housekeeping tasks, including but not limited to preparing snacks and lunches, laundry, vacuuming, mopping, emptying garbage, transporting guest belongings, etc.
- Help guests understand and follow all house rules
- Maintain safety by monitoring guest belongings at intake and entry into the building. Ensure doors are secure at all times and regularly monitor guest rooms for contraband, cleanliness, safety and wear and tear.
- Provide exceptional customer service, interacting with Joy House guests and their children in a friendly, professional, and hospitable manner, treating everyone with dignity and respect
- Assist with clerical tasks, such as completing daily statistical forms, filing and occasionally answering phones
- Perform other tasks as needed
- Mature Christian woman with a servant’s heart who is able to relate well with others in a diverse population, communicating effectively and professionally
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Previous customer service and/or hospitality related experience highly desired
- Must be able to handle physical workload – capable of continuously standing, walking, stair climbing, kneeling, squatting, crouching, reaching, handling and gripping without difficulty, repetitive movement of both hands and arms, as well as frequent lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling a maximum weight of 50lbs
- Passionate about creating a warm, inviting, and clean living environment
- Ability to differentiate between and define specific uses of cleaning products and equipment
- Outstanding customer service skills, outgoing and approachable with an enthusiastic, friendly, and welcoming personality
- Caring, compassionate and non-judgmental attitude with a genuine concern for Joy House guests and their children
- High degree of skill in verbal communication and listening combined with a great deal of attention to detail, patience, politeness, and tactfulness
- Ability and willingness to follow instructions, to be flexible, and a team player
- A workplace demeanor consistent with a Christian church environment: civil, respectful, polite, and responsive
- Reliability, dependability, and punctuality are expected
- Be in agreement with and subscribe to the MRM Statement of Faith and the MRM Statement of Biblical Convictions
- Be a committed follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, which is evident in personal testimony and Christian conduct
- Pass a pre-employment background check and drug test
EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts with employer match
- Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with generous employer contribution*
- Paid holidays and generous PTO
- Health Club reimbursement
- Free onsite parking
- Free meal available during shift
- Business Casual/Casual Dress
* Benefits based on full time employment
Click here to apply on our website.
The Milwaukee Rescue Mission is a 501 (c)3, charitable, non-profit church, Christian organization. Milwaukee Rescue Mission has an organizational religious exemption from the prohibitions contained in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, concerning religious discrimination in employment. We further reserve the right to discriminate or designate certain positions when a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Subject to the Constitution of the United States and all applicable state and federal laws, Milwaukee Rescue Mission does not discriminate in the administration and dissemination of its programs and services.