JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE: Under the direction of the Director of Institutional Giving, the Institutional Giving Manager oversees the identification, cultivation, and highly personalized solicitation of corporate donors and prospects targeted for gifts of $1000-$19,999 in helping to meet annual fundraising goals, as well as assist with organizational requirements in support of the United Performing Arts Fund. Corporate donors and prospects may elect to partner with the MSO through grant awards, sponsorships, and corporate subscriptions. The Institutional Giving Manager is expected to meet in-person with corporate contacts and be externally focused, therefore enhancing the donor’s relationships with the MSO. Knowledge of the music and/or the arts as well as corporate relations is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Corporate Portfolio Management (50% of time)
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 75-100 corporate partners and prospects with a goal of maximizing support from each donor through a variety of corporate support pipelines including philanthropic support, event and place-based sponsorship, and corporate subscriptions (Marquee Circle).
- Goals for these donors include:
- At least one focused visit with each donor per year, and 3-6 meaningful contacts, including stewardship, event attendance, phone calls, cards, etc.
- Creation of an individualized moves management plan for each donor.
- Understand the donor’s organizational motivations and aspirations to help drive increased giving and impact.
- Utilize research, data analysis, personal contacts, volunteers, and staff to create lasting partnerships with corporate donors
- Goals for prospects and new donors include:
- Development, implementation, and tracking specific programs that will identify, solicit, involve, and retain new corporate partners to the MSO
- Recruit new participants to the Corporate subscription program through letter & email solicitations, follow up phone calls, networking, and other solicitation strategies
- Recruit new sponsors to the MSO Gala & other annual events.
- Assist with welcoming & greeting donors at concerts during intermission at the shared corporate hospitality suite or the donor lounge as needed.
- Identifying potential new corporate partners for philanthropic, sponsorship, and corporate subscription pipelines.
- Assist with other campaigns or projects as directed or needed.
- Work in collaboration with the Grant Writer to complete Corporate Proposals or Corporate Foundation applications as needed.
- Additional duties may be assigned for professional growth and as the needs of the office change.
United Performing Arts Fund Scheduling (30% of time) – (January – June)
- Assist the MSO Advancement Department through coordinating and scheduling MSO musician performances for UPAF workplace campaigns
- Organize MSO volunteer solicitation process
- Oversee MSO Workplace Giving Campaign
- Support the Institutional Giving team with completing UPAF Allocation application materials
Institutional Giving Administration (20% of time)
- Assisting the Director of Institutional Giving in executing Corporate Partnership proposals, agreements, solicitation letters, and reports as needed.
- Coordinate with the Advancement Associate & other relevant departments to ensure that Institutional Giving recognition and entertainment benefits are fulfilled in a timely manner
- Work in Tessitura to assist in updating donor records to ensure documentation is captured efficiently
Please visit our website to apply: