The Safety and Outreach Administrator position derives from the success of the Ambassador Program. The Ambassador Program started in 2015 as a seasonal position with two Ambassadors. Through effective work in the community and the support of the Near West Side Partners Board, in March of 2017 the Ambassador Program grew into two year-round, full-time positions. Expanded duties include patrolling of Near West Side Neighborhoods, observing and documenting nuisance and ordinance violations, and making police calls as necessary. The Ambassadors also participate in and testify at City of Milwaukee Committee meetings. Ambassadors work closely with MPD and other Near West Side security teams to build relationships with residents and businesses to help to achieve the overall goal of making the Near West Side a safe, clean, and friendly community. As the Ambassador Program continues to grow in personnel and responsibilities, the need for an administrator to assist with the day-to-day operations has become necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support the work, activities and responsibilities of the Near West Side Safety and Outreach Team (SOT)
- Conduct patrol and beat assignments
- Reporting blight and other quality of life issues to the City of Milwaukee or other community partners
- Develop working relationships with area landlords and business
- Assist in neighborhood canvassing and distribution of literature
- Serve on the Near West Side Homeless Intervention Team
- Testify at licensing, zoning, court, and other hearings
- Attend weekly PARC meeting
- Perform business and property checks
- Connect residents, visitors, and employees to appropriate resources
- Document incidents and keep activity records using NWSP and MUPD systems
If you are interested in this position, we ask that you email to email@example.com the following information individually in PDF format with Neighborhood Ambassador in the subject title of your email: (1) Cover letter (2) Resume and (3) References.