Neu-Life Community Development, a non-profit youth development program located in the Lindsay Heights neighborhood of Milwaukee, WI, is seeking Specialty teachers to work within our three locations with our youth on special skills/classes.
Specialty Teachers must be dedicated to our mission of providing youth with the skills and strategies to make better life choices.
Qualifications: High School Diploma/GED with 2 years of relevant experience; youth development experience necessary; CYC Certification preferred
Reporting: Specialty Teacher reports to the Site Coordinator & Assistant Site Coordinator
- Ensure high-quality program services and support to Neu-Life youth.
- Teach and facilitate specialty activities, classes, workshops to youth.
- Evaluates situations (e.g. disciplinary problems, hazardous conditions, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Develop and mentor Assistant Teacher(s) and/or other staff to achieve intended objectives.
- Cleans work areas (e.g. classroom, storage, program areas, work tables, etc.) to maintain a safe and orderly environment.
- Assist in the planning, creation, and implementation of special events.
- Participates in various meetings and trainings (e.g. staff development, staff meetings, etc.) to share information and/or improve one’s skill/knowledge.
- Supervises all program participants; must monitor and stay at all times with their classes
- Active and appropriate engagement required
- Other duties as assigned by Site Coordinator and/or Assistant Site Coordinator
Special Requirements: This position requires a background check.
Hours: Part-time seasonal; 10-35 hours per week
Salary: $15-$25 per hour; based on qualifications
Goal Setting Session & Review: The Specialty Teachers will be coached by the Site Coordinator and/or Admin Team.
Send cover letter and resume to Jody Rhodes, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Neu-Life is an equal opportunity employer. Former program participants are strongly encouraged to apply. For more information about Neu-Life, visit our website www.neu-life.org