We are looking to hire a Data Analyst to join our Information/Technology team. The ideal candidate will assist in creating/managing our master data set, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. To do well in this role the candidate will need a very fine eye for detail, have experience as a data analyst, and a deep understanding of popular data analysis tools and databases.
- Manage master data sets, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data.
- Process confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Develop and analyze data from multiple data sources and provide detailed analysis in a comprehensive way to team and all stakeholders.
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Determine the meaning of data and explain how various teams and stakeholders can leverage it to improve processes.
- Create statistical models that depict agency-wide trends.
- Perform tests and validation of data sets.
- Manage and design the reporting environment, including data sources and metadata.
- Support employees in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Support initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Assist with testing and implementing new or upgraded software and assist with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Generate reports from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshoot reporting database environment and reports.
- Assist with training end users on new reports and dashboards.
Accountability and Performance Requirement
All staff members are accountable for knowing and performing the responsibilities associated with their individual position in an efficient and effective manner, understanding that each of us plays an integral role in the success of our mission. All staff will support the agency mission, vision, standards of conduct/code of ethics and strategic directions and support administrative decisions. This must be demonstrated by maintaining a positive work environment, and by behaving and communicating in an appropriate manner with children, families, coworkers, supervisors and the public while achieving performance expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in computer science.
- At least 1-3 years of work experience in a data analyst or in related field.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and various business intelligence, analytical and data visualization tools.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Special Position Requirements
- The incumbent must have access to a personal vehicle to use on a daily basis, maintain a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance with liability limits of $300,000 (bodily injury) and $25,000 (property damage for each occurrence). Ability to work under tight deadlines and good writing required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Safety and Health
Next Door is committed to providing a safe work environment and to fostering the well-being and health of its employees. An essential part of each employees’ job is the development of safe working practices and the observance of safety rules, including:
- Following safety warnings and directions at all times.
- Using personal safety devices when required.
- Reporting any unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Following process for reporting suspected child abuse and neglect.
- Reporting unsupervised children, after ensuring child’s safety.
- Implement active supervision practices at all times, including transition times.
- Ensure knowledge of each assigned child’s location at all times.
- Primarily active work; occasionally lifting up, holding or moving up to 50 lbs.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, sitting on the floor, walking/transporting, fingering, handling, feeling reaching, climbing, balancing, crouching, crawling, talking and speaking clearly, hearing conversation level, tasting, smelling and seeing; ability to interact daily with children outdoors in varied weather condition.
- Mainly classroom setting and travel to various sites for meetings.
- Ability to make frequent, significant decisions to understand and react to the development process of children.
Ability to respond quickly and competently to an emergency or crisis situation in order to keep children safe.
Join an award-winning team doing the most important work in Milwaukee. This is your opportunity to help create bright futures and a stronger Milwaukee!
Our teachers and staff are guided by Next Door’s mission: to support the intellectual, physical and emotional development of children by partnering with their families for success in school and in the community.
At Next Door, we work hard to ensure Milwaukee children living in poverty get a strong start to life during the most critical period of brain development, ages birth to three. You can help a child achieve that start in the classroom, in a home visitation setting, through family advocacy or in a wide variety of support roles.
Our employees also play a big role in shaping the future of Next Door. Driven by our strategic plan, you can help Next Door become the preeminent leader in early childhood education in Milwaukee and the employer of choice among early childhood professionals.
What we offer
Next Door teachers and support staff enjoy low teacher-student ratios, ongoing professional development opportunities at no cost, coaching support and extensive community partnerships that enhance our services.
We also offer employees competitive salaries, a strong benefits package, staff engagement opportunities with the KEEP (Keep Employees Engaged as Partners) Committee, paid holidays plus a paid time-off program and free parking.