The Database Coordinator will be a key part of the Development Team at Next Door. This team understands the needs of Next Door and the families served, works with the program team to identify funding needs, and develops a comprehensive fundraising and stewardship plan to engage donors in philanthropy to support these programs.
The Database Coordinator is a self-motivated, organized and personable individual. The Database Coordinator is responsible for managing the gift entry and acknowledgement process, managing information needed from the donor database, developing and coordinating stewardship strategies for high-level donors and donor groups with the Development Team, and assisting with development fundraising initiatives, all to ensure fundraising and agency goals are achieved.
- Positively represent and communicate Next Door’s mission, vision and programs to potential funders and in the community.
- Manage the gift entry and acknowledgement process, ensure accurate data in the database, pull lists, and produce weekly / monthly reports from the Raiser’s Edge donor database.
- Coordinate deposits and reconcile with the Fiscal department to ensure accurate financial data.
- Identify and qualify donors and prospects. Develop and implement strategies for engagement of donor groups.
- Achieve weekly, monthly, and annual connection, activity and financial goals. Document connections and appropriate donor information in Raiser’s Edge.
- In conjunction with the Development Team, develop annual, campaign and endowment fundraising strategies in alignment with agency program and budget needs.
- Work with the Development Team to create stewardship strategies for high-level donors and groups of donors. Track and coordinate all aspects of the stewardship strategies.
- Support Communications Department in executing reports for tracking social media and web-based analytics for traffic on Next Door’s website.
- Assist with the production of solicitation materials and events
- Create Raiser’s Edge queries and export information for event invitations, donor solicitations, and newsletter mailings.
- Support the Vice President of Development & Communication and Development Director with donor records, research, strategy and correspondence.
- Establish and maintain relationships with program staff to understand the needs of the families served, understand program details and funding needs and that facilitate healthy, nurturing, interactive engagement of donors and prospects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Accountability and Performance Requirement
All staff members are accountable for knowing and performing the responsibilities associated with their individual position in an efficient and effective manner, understanding that each of us plays an integral role in the success of our mission. All staff will support the agency mission, vision, standards of conduct/code of ethics and strategic directions and support administrative decisions. This must demonstrated by maintaining a positive work environment, and by behaving and communicating in an appropriate manner with children, families, coworkers, supervisors and the public while achieving performance expectations.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work on multiple projects at a time.
- Associate’s degree.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in non-profit fund development or information systems role preferred.
- Computer literate and Microsoft Office experience required.
- Experience working with fund development software (ex. Raiser’s Edge) preferred.
- Experience working with web-based analytics and/or social media reports preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a high level of maturity in social and professional settings.
- Willingness to work onsite for 80% of time with a remote option of up to 20% of time.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Confidentiality regarding clients and staff is required.
- Must be willing to have a Tuberculosis Skin Test at the time of hire.
Safety and Health
Next Door is committed to providing a safe work environment and to fostering the well-being and health of its employees. An essential part of each employees’ job is the development of safe working practices and the observance of safety rules, including:
- Following safety warnings and directions at all times.
- Using personal safety devices when required.
- Reporting any unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Following process for reporting suspected child abuse and neglect.
- Reporting unsupervised children, after ensuring child’s safety.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit/stand and move freely throughout the day. The employee must also climb stairs and walk frequently, with bending, twisting and reaching. Must be alert with good vision, with the ability.