Serves as the first level of support for users. Provides analysis and resolutions to problems. Perform routine maintenance of hardware and software as required and assists in integration and implementation of technology for the agency.
- Diagnose and resolve computer hardware, software, and network problems.
- Install and configure computer hardware and software.
- Provide both first level telephone and onsite support services.
- Ensure that back-up system operates properly and conduct routine timely checks of back-ups.
- Perform installation of new software on systems.
- Provide basic assistance and introductory training of new hardware and software.
- Aid in introducing new personnel to system.
- Implement both internal and external security safeguards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Replace and or repair (or arrange for the repair) of hardware as required.
Position Specific Requirements:
- Must have access to a personal vehicle to use daily, maintain a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance with liability limits of $300,000 (bodily injury) and $25,000 (property damage for each occurrence).
- Transport/Move equipment such as computers and mobile devices on a regularly basis.
- Occasional travel to multiple sites as needed.
Accountability and Performance Requirement
All staff members are accountable for knowing and performing the responsibilities associated with their individual position in an efficient and effective manner, understanding that each of us plays an integral role in the success of our mission. All staff will support the agency mission, vision, standards of conduct/code of ethics and strategic directions and support administrative decisions. This must be demonstrated by maintaining a positive work environment, and by behaving and communicating in an appropriate manner with children, families, coworkers, supervisors and the public while achieving performance expectations.
- Associate degree in computer science or network certification, and a minimum of 3 years related experience and training system administration.
- 3-5 years of PC/Server support and troubleshooting experience.
- Experience supporting Windows 10, MS-Office, and Office 365.
- Good understanding of Windows Server operating systems.
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
- Time management skills.
- Multi-task oriented.
- Flexible work schedule including overtime.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Confidentiality is required.
Safety and Health
Next Door is committed to providing a safe work environment and to fostering the well-being and health of its employees. An essential part of each employees’ job is the development of safe working practices and the observance of safety rules, including:
- Always Following safety warnings and directions.
- Using personal safety devices when required.
- Reporting any unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Following process for reporting suspected child abuse and neglect.
- Reporting unsupervised children, after ensuring child’s safety.
- Primarily active work; occasionally lifting, holding, or moving up to 50 lbs.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit/stand and move freely throughout the day.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- The employee must also climb stairs and walk frequently, with bending, twisting, and reaching. Must be alert with good vision, with the ability to hear, speak and read.
- Mainly office/early childhood center setting with travel between sites is required.