The Marketing and Social Media Specialist will be a team player on the Marketing and Development teams at Next Door. This team understands the needs of Next Door and the families served, works with the program team to identify communications and community relations needs, and develops a comprehensive plan to engage many audiences in the mission and work of Next Door
The Marketing and Social Media Specialist is a self-motivated, organized and team-oriented individual who is responsible for developing and implementing marketing and social media plans, creating messaging that positions Next Door as a leader in early childhood education, and maintaining strong relationships with Next Door staff and other community resources.
- Mission: Positively represent and communicate Next Door’s mission, vision, strategic plans and programs to members of the community.
- Strategy: In conjunction with the VP of Development and Communication, develops marketing and social media strategies in alignment with agency program and budget needs, including objectives, outcomes, audiences, messages, channels, and timelines. Implements assigned components of strategy.
- Marketing: In conjunction with program and administrative teams, develop and implement marketing plans to promote Next Door program, enrollment and human resources initiatives. Coordinates all aspects of implementing plans.
- Social and Digital Media: Curates editorial calendar for social and digital media, gathers information, photography and video, and schedules all social media. Responds to social media inquiries. Develops and implements web updates and email communication efforts. Provides monthly digital media reports and develops and implements efforts to expand and enhance engagement. Evaluates audiences and social media platforms and develops and implements plans to meet the audience.
- Video and Photography: Coordinates video and photography needs, including scheduling with classrooms, programs and families. Takes still photography of program activities. Works collaboratively on storyboarding, scripting, logistical coordination and interviewing for presentations and video. Produces, films, and edits minor videos and photo galleries. Maintains photo and video library.
- Messaging: Develops key messages to reinforce the Next Door mission, vision, strategic plan and brand. Connects with various internal and external sources to identify, qualify, engage, solicit and steward story subject opportunities including current and former students, families, staff, volunteers, donors and community leaders. Interview, write, photograph and publish stories. Proofreads all materials for the organization to ensure proper grammar and branding.
- News Media: Manages details of all media relationships including stewarding media relationships, developing and communicating press releases and media statements, responding to media inquiries, arranging details of media visits, and securing media releases for all featured students.
- Support: Support the Vice President of Development and Communication with marketing and social media needs.
- Programs: Establish and maintain relationships with program staff to understand the needs of the families served, understand program details, be aware of activities and events taking place in the classroom and at all sites, and document activities for use in communication efforts.
- Assist with implementation and execution of special events, projects and presentations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Accountability and Performance Requirement:
All staff members are accountable for knowing and performing the responsibilities associated with their individual position in an efficient and effective manner, understanding that each of us plays an integral role in the success of our mission. All staff will support the agency mission, vision, standards of conduct/code of ethics and strategic directions and support administrative decisions. This must demonstrated by maintaining a positive work environment, and by behaving and communicating in an appropriate manner with children, families, coworkers, supervisors and the public while achieving performance expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in marketing, communications, public / community relations, or field related to writing and/or public relations is desired.
- Experience of preparing, planning and implementing marketing and social media plans.
- Expert writing and proofreading skills, with an emphasis on storytelling, copywriting, technical writing and press releases.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Office 365, Teams, Outlook, social media and web applications, and video-related software.
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally, with peer and executive levels, and with community partners and volunteers.
- Ability to work and cooperate on all levels as a team member.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Confidentiality regarding clients and staff is required.
- Ability to work respectfully and effectively with a diverse population and low-income individuals.
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends for events.
- Ability to drive and/or travel to work-related functions/meetings.
- Must have access to a personal vehicle to use on a daily basis, maintain a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance with liability limits of $300,000 (bodily injury) and $25,000 (property damage for each occurrence).
- Must be willing to have a Tuberculosis Skin Test at the time of hire.
Special Position Requirements: N/A
- Other duties as assigned.
Safety and Health
Next Door is committed to providing a safe work environment and to fostering the well-being and health of its employees. An essential part of each employees’ job is the development of safe working practices and the observance of safety rules, including:
- Following safety warnings and directions at all times.
- Using personal safety devices when required.
- Reporting any unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Following process for reporting suspected child abuse and neglect.
- Reporting unsupervised children, after ensuring child’s safety.
- Employee is regularly required to sit/stand and move freely throughout the day.
- Employee must also climb stairs and walk frequently, with bending, twisting and reaching.
- Must be alert with good vision, with the ability to hear, speak and read.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds and have own transportation.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
Physical Activity: N/A
- required to be able to operate a vehicle for travel to other sites for meetings,
- noise level consistent with an office located in a child centered enviornment.
- frequent internal and external interaction,
- making judgment calls, counseling others, frequent changes in volume of work,
- ability to respond in an emergency or crisis situation.