Norris is seeking Youth Care Specialists to work with our youth during 2nd shift positions (2nd shift is generally 2:00pm to 10:00pm) in our Residential Program at our Mukwonago campus and our West Bend campus. As a Youth Care Specialist at Norris you will have endless opportunities to positively impact the lives of the young men in our care, while at the same time further developing and enhancing your skills as a Human Service professional. Under the supervision of the assigned Hall Supervisor, the Youth Care Specialist (YCS) is primarily responsible for the care and supervision of youth at Norris in all facets of their daily lives, including their safety, well-being, emotional and educational needs. The YCS acts in collaboration with other team members, to provide direct care, supervision, behavior management, recreation and other individual and group mental health to youth in a structured setting. Services provided promote the Norris mission and practice philosophy for providing treatment and services utilizing a trauma informed care approach. The YCS is also responsible for implementing assigned treatment services, maintaining accurate documentation and ensuring the daily routine of the program is upheld. The YCS position requires that the individual be able to work a flexible schedule that is subject to change to meet the program’s evolving needs at any time, including some weekend and holiday hours.
An Associates or Bachelors degree in a social or behavioral science is preferred. Will consider experience in a related field and/or experience in a recognized treatment setting.
The selected individual must demonstrate competencies in the following five domains:
- Cultural and Human Diversity
- Human Development
- Relationships and communication
- Developmental Practice Methods
Additional opportunities include:
- Facilitating treatment related groups and activities
- Obtaining “Low Ropes” training/certification
- Obtaining National Youth Care Certification
- Developing a Professional Growth Plan
- May be assigned to provide in-home/community services to youth and families
- May be assigned to transport, manage and supervise youth at community events
- May be asked to provide specialized services to youth and families
All applicants are encouraged to apply at www.norriscenter.org/employment/career/