Job Purpose and Reporting Structure:
Under the supervision of the Director of Comprehensive Community Services, the CCS Care Coordinator provides assistance to youth ages 23 and under by facilitating services for youth with a mental health diagnosis or substance abuse diagnosis. The CCS Care Coordinator will design a wellness plan for consumers that is intended to help build the skills needed to improve health, promote wellness, attain personal goals and enhance overall quality of life.
- Act as a care coordinator/ service facilitator by providing direct services and coordinating services with other providers.
- Complete initial assessments and treatment plans per the Wraparound Policy and Procedures.
- Create wellness plans with each consumer and have regular team meetings with each consumer, their providers, and their support systems.
- Ensure appropriate services and interventions are provided in accordance with the consumer’s plan.
- Provide training to youth in developing and improving their daily living skills.
- Generate and maintain accurate documentation as required by established standards by Pathfinders, Wraparound Milwaukee, and Medicaid.
- Maintain consumer records and complete all necessary reports of activities, inputs, outputs, and outcomes. Paperwork must be completed in a strength based manner.
- Assure accurate and timely documentation and billing in the Wraparound Synthesis database.
- Increase youths’ access to mainstream community resources available through the Drop-In Center and Pathfinders Youth Shelter. Work effectively with program’s collaborative partners to ensure successful service access.
- Provide training and consultation with other Pathfinders’ programs to assist them in initiating effective treatment parameters and treatment plans with CCS consumers. Provide support as needed with collaborative partners.
- Facilitate referrals, transfers, and discharge arrangements with consumers and providers in a timely manner.
- Provide services to families and other natural support systems of CCS consumers to assist them in understanding and supporting the needs of CCS consumers.
- Provide emergency mental health services to consumers.
- Participate and represent Pathfinders in all meetings for the CCS program within Pathfinders and with Wraparound Milwaukee.
- Participate in all program and agency meetings, trainings, and development opportunities.
- Adhere to all relevant Pathfinders Milwaukee and Wraparound Milwaukee Policy and Procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Preferred Certification as a Care Coordinator in Wraparound Milwaukee CCCS with minimal requirement of a Bachelors’ degree in Education, Psychology or other Human Services field. Also requires knowledge and belief in Comprehensive Community Services philosophy and strategies.
- Experience working with a diverse population of adolescents and young adults within a nonprofit setting is required.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule of morning, afternoon, and evening hours.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be able to maintain privileged client information.
- Must have valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and proof of auto insurance.
Starting salary of $38,000 – $50,000/ +$1,000 if Certified as a Care Coordinator in Wraparound Milwaukee CCS or become certified within first six months of hire. Excellent benefits package includes health/dental, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and generous paid time off plan. Opportunity to join a caring and committed team of professionals.
Send letter of interest and current resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Organizational information can be found at www.pathfindersmke.org. No phone calls will be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Organization - Pathfinders is deeply committed to diversity in all that we do. We welcome applications from all individuals including those who mirror the diversity of our youth and the community we serve.