Job Purpose and Reporting Structure:
Under the direction of the Supported Housing Staff Manager, the Transitional Living Program (TLP) Housing Case Manager provides assistance to young adults seeking housing support by providing them with individual rapid rehousing rental assistance, basic needs resources, case management services, and access to specialized resources provided by various internal and external partners.
- Assess housing barriers to individuals and families experiencing homelessness to determine their housing and service needs.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with the Pathfinders Supported Housing team, Drop-In Center team, New Paths team, RHY shelter staff, and the Street Beat street outreach specialists in order to coordinate services and maximize youth access to necessary resources.
- Provide intensive and ongoing case management services to 10 participants at a time, focusing on finding and helping participants to maintain safe and secure housing.
- Assist participants in the development of strength-based action plans that are individualized and client-centered and that support the youths’ development of Positive connections, Academic achievement, Training and employment, safe and secure Housing, and Social and emotional well-being.
- Employ Housing First standards and principles to ensure low-barrier access to housing.
- Conduct home visits in the participants’ apartments so that participants can work toward housing stability and toward the goals they set for themselves.
- Serve as an ongoing liaison between participants, Pathfinders housing specialists, and other team members.
- Support participants, both emotionally and physically, when they are moving into and out of apartments.
- Increase participant access to mainstream community resources available through the Drop-In Center and within the Greater Milwaukee area, working effectively with the program’s collaborative partners to ensure successful service access.
- Maintain client records, keep accurate case notes, and complete necessary client reports.
- Participate in all relevant program and agency meetings, trainings, and development opportunities.
- Other duties may be assigned
Salary range is $36,000 – $40,500 . Excellent benefits package includes health/dental, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and generous paid time off plan. Opportunity to join a caring and committed team of professionals.
Send letter of interest, current resume, and salary expectations via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Organizational information can be found at www.pathfindersmke.org. No phone calls will be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - Pathfinders is committed to a diversified workforce. Persons of color, women, the disabled, and those with diverse cultural backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.