Job Purpose and Reporting Structure:
Under the supervision of the CORE Program Manager and Clinician, the CORE Care Coordinator provides assistance to youth ages 23 and under by facilitating services for youth with a significant mental health diagnosis or substance abuse diagnosis. The CORE Care Coordinator will design a wellness plan for consumers that are intended to help build the skills needed to improve health, promote wellness, attain personal goals and enhance overall quality of life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a care coordinator/ service facilitator by providing direct services and coordinating services with other providers.
- Complete initial assessments and treatment plans per the Wraparound Policy and Procedures.
- Create wellness plans with each consumer and have regular team meetings with each consumer, their providers, and their support systems.
- Ensure appropriate services and interventions are provided in accordance with the consumer’s plan.
- Generate and maintain accurate documentation as required by established standards by Pathfinders, Wraparound Milwaukee, and Medicaid.
- Maintain consumer records and complete all necessary reports of activities, inputs, outputs, and outcomes. Paperwork must be completed in a strength-based manner.
- Assure accurate and timely documentation and billing in the Wraparound Synthesis database.
- Increase youths’ access to mainstream community resources available through the Drop-In Center and Pathfinders Youth Shelter. Work effectively with program’s collaborative partners to ensure successful service access.
- Provide training and consultation with other Pathfinders’ programs to assist them in initiating effective treatment parameters and treatment plans with CORE consumers. Provide support as needed with collaborative partners.
- Facilitate referrals, transfers, and discharge arrangements with consumers and providers in a timely manner.
- Provide services to families and other natural support systems of CORE consumers to assist them in understanding and supporting the needs of CORE consumers.
- Provide emergency mental health services to consumers.
- Participate and represent Pathfinders in all meetings for the CCS/CORE program within Pathfinders and with Wraparound Milwaukee.
- Participate in all program and agency meetings, trainings, and development opportunities.
- Adhere to all relevant Pathfinders Milwaukee and Wraparound Milwaukee Policy and Procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Qualified applicants possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s Preferred) in Social Work, Psychology, Human Services, or Education and at least one (1) year of experience providing mental health services. Preferred candidates will be certified as a Care Coordinator in Wraparound Milwaukee CORE. Position will operate as mandated reporter for youth under age 18.
$40,000 – $50,000 annual salary. Enjoy generous PTO, Benefits and the opportunity to join a caring and committed team of professionals.
Send letter of interest, current resume and salary expectations via email to email@example.com. Please specify which position you are applying for. Organizational information can be found at www.pathfindersmke.org. No phone calls will be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Organization - Pathfinders is deeply committed to diversity in all that we do. We welcome applications from all individuals including those who mirror the diversity of our youth and the community we serve