Inspired by the gospel of Jesus and the example of Francis of Assisi, the Capuchin friars of the Province of St. Joseph, together with our partners in ministry, prayerfully build sister-brotherhood in the world. We attend simply and directly to the spiritual and other basic human needs, especially those of the poor and disenfranchised, promoting justice for all.
The Clothing Bank Coordinator is responsible for the operation of the Clothing Center at House of Peace. This position will show hospitality by offering seasonal clothing when possible and assisting those with special needs. The Coordinator will work with volunteers to organize clothing drives and ensure guests clothing needs are fulfilled when possible.
This is a full-time position. In addition to medical, dental, life and disability insurance we offer tuition reimbursement, pension and generous paid time off.
- Demonstrate, exemplify and support the Capuchin Charism and Provincial Mission, Vision and Values throughout all professional responsibilities and activities
- Work with volunteers to sort and display donated clothing items seasonally when possible
- Receive donations and distribute receipts to donors
- Rotate and inspect donations for damage and infestation
- Ensure clothing distribution area is kept clean and orderly
- Receive all guests with hospitality and assist in clothing distribution procedures
- Welcome volunteers and integrate them into clothing bank as appropriate
- Assist in creation and submission of timely reports
- Available to assist in all ministry services, programs and activities
- Comply with Province and ministry policies, procedures, guidelines and standards
Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED, 2 years of experience in retail or related field, effective Microsoft Office skills, ability to work a flexible scheduled including weekends and holidays, able to travel locally and pick up and move up to 50 pounds, ability to create appealing displays
Review of resumes and applications will begin immediately.
Interested candidates can apply in any of the follow ways:
- Pick up an application at the House of Peace, 1702 W. Walnut, Milwaukee, WI
- Submit letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Include Clothing Bank Coordinator in the subject line.