Do you love working with vibrant, active older adults, 50 years of age and better?
SOA, a casual, fun organization committed to serving older adults within the community, is looking for a Communications and Outreach Coordinator . We are looking for candidates that share our passion about serving older adults and are visionary about creating and expanding services.
- Must apply with cover letter and resume.
The Administrative Support Specialist is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the CEO, Board of Directors, and SOA leadership team and managing the organization’s office operations. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
The person in this position must be creative and enjoy working in a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and community oriented. The Administrative Support Specialist will be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
The Administrative Support Specialist will provide executive support by assisting with special projects, producing reports, presentations, scheduling and preparing information for meetings, act as liaison and provide support to Board of Directors including scheduling meetings, agendas, and meeting minutes. Serves as point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO as well as managing CEO’s calendar. Maintain open communication with SOA team, providing information and documents as needed. Coordinate all staff and leadership team meetings.
Provide general office, HR, and accounting support including selecting vendors and ordering supplies. Oversee all aspects of tracking for the dining program. · Pick up supplies, materials, or food/drink, as needed, from local retailers and vendors when delivery service is not an option. If needed, drop purchased items at other SOA locations.
Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Two years administrative support experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization
- Passion for working in an environment that supports older adults
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion in handling confidential information
- Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders including staff, board members, external partners, and donors
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Gmail and Google Suite experience desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, staff, volunteers, community leaders, donors, and funding partners
- Ability to make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time
- Ability to complete tasks and projects timely and accurately with little or no guidance
- Forward thinker who actively seeks projects and opportunities and proposes solutions
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
- Excellent judgement is essential
- Ability to switch direction/priorities at a moment’s notice
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work well with people of all cultures and backgrounds.
In evaluating candidates for this position, SOA may consider a combination of education, training and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
Must have a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and adequate vehicle insurance.
Interested applicants must apply with a resume and cover letter.
- 401(k) contribution
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Salary: $18-$20 per hour
Must apply with cover letter and resume to email@example.com.