The Care Coordinator is the point person for Supportive Services to residents in Permanent Supportive Housing programs, serving individuals that live with mental health, substance abuse, chronic homelessness and/or are prone to or at risk of homelessness and need supportive services to maintain housing stability.
The Care Coordinator will work with the residents’ outside case managers, Sirona Recovery Certified Peer Support Specialists, and the resident to offer recovery-oriented services. This position completes intake assessments and assists residents with service planning, surveys, and maintains documentation in individual resident files. The Care Coordinator works in conjunction with the Certified Peer Support Specialist to facilitate recovery-oriented groups and fostering a positive community. Coordinating with outside case managers, the Coordinator helps with referrals to community services and resources. The Care Coordinator facilitates communication with case managers, property management, Milwaukee County Housing Division, and housing subsidies, including leading a monthly meeting to coordinate care for the residents with those parties.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with individuals from diverse economic, ethnic, and racial groups
- Experience with intakes, assessments, and referrals
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of treatment and community resources
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to provide strengths-based, Trauma Informed Care, Motivational Interviewing, and harm-reduction approaches
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- High School Diploma or G. E. D, required, Associates or Bachelor’s degree in the Human Services field, preferred
- At least 2 years working with individuals with mental health challenges, substance abuse and/or homelessness
- Pre-employment background check
- Valid driver’s license and automobile with insurance
- Ascribe to & champion The Difference Principles
SIRONA RECOVERY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER