The Supportive Services Case Manager provides case management services to residents of St. Anthony’s Apartments, a Permanent Supportive Housing facility. St. Anthony’s Apartments provides 60 low-income apartments in downtown Milwaukee to adults who have experienced chronic homelessness, are faced with a disability, and/or need supportive services to maintain housing stability.
The Supportive Services Case Manager assists participants in maintaining housing by collaboratively establishing goals to increase independence in the areas of communication, daily living, and social skills. The Case Manager engages with the participants through home and office contact to help facilitate communication with property management and subsidy representatives to resolve issues with housing that occur and complete the annual recertification paperwork. This position helps participants connect to community resources and places referrals to community providers for mental and physical health and AODA treatment, transportation, employment, and other basic needs.
- Understanding of and experience with providing services using person-centered, Trauma-Informed Care, and harm reduction approaches
- Excellent organization and time management skills, ability to work well independently, attention to detail and accuracy, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Knowledge of community resources related to mental health, AODA recovery, healthcare, and employment
- Ability to work well with individuals from diverse economic, racial, and ethnic backgrounds and LGBTQ+ identities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, and Excel) & web-enabled databases
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in Spanish, oral and written, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with individuals who have a mental illness and/or substance abuse and a history of homelessness
- Pre-employment background check
- Valid driver’s license and automobile with insurance
- Ascribe to & champion The Difference Principles