The Peer Support Specialist has a personal, shared experience with substance abuse and recovery to provide services to clients struggling with substance use disorder issues who are in outpatient treatment and targeted case management programs in West Bend, WI. The Peer Support Specialist meets one-on-one with clients in a variety of community settings to develop and support recovery goals.
Through engagement and developing rapport, the Peer Support Specialist provides emotional support, compassionate listening, and community resource navigation. In collaboration with clinical staff, this position delivers evidence-based interventions to promote recovery. The Peer Support Specialist assists clients with issues related to housing, transportation, developing a social network, crisis support, personal and system advocacy, education, and employment in line with their recovery goals. To support clients’ self-advocacy, the Peer Support Specialist attends mental health and other provider appointments as needed. This position facilitates communication with other team members and encourages connection with natural supports and community involvement.
- Knowledge of best practices and approaches with peer support in mental health and AODA recovery
- Maintain confidentiality, ethics, boundaries, and other adherence to the Certified Peer Support Specialist Code of Ethics
- Knowledge of community resources related to mental health, AODA recovery, healthcare, and employment
- Prior experience working with individuals from diverse economic, racial, ethnic, and LGBTQ+ identities
- Strong and oral and written communication
- Understanding of and experience providing services using person-centered, Trauma-Informed Care, and harm reduction approaches
- Basic computer skills required, including use of Microsoft Office products
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certified Peer Support Specialist through the State of Wisconsin
- Personal experience with successful sobriety and/or recovery for at least the last year
- Pre-employment background check
- Valid driver’s license and automobile with insurance
- Ascribe to & champion The Difference Principles
SIRONA RECOVERY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYEE.