Assist the accounting department to ensure timely payments to Housing Program Participants. This includes: processing, tracking, and scheduling payments. Ensuring proper documentation and signatures are included before payments are processed, fiscal policies & procedures are followed as they relate to the AP/Housing Program payment details prior to mailing and maintenance of the AP files and records.
- Receive and process incoming invoices received electronically through software application.
- Prepare payments for input into accounting system by compiling all electronic data or source documents which includes invoices, emails, and supporting documentation.
- Monitor payments, vendor name, address, and tenant detail information for accuracy on all incoming invoices and receiving reports.
- Review and verify applicant information for accuracy prior to and during data entry into accounts payable system.
- Match invoices to checks and prepare distribution of checks accordingly.
- Quality control review and verification of all outgoing Housing Program payments against check and application data to ensure accuracy prior to mailing.
- Data entry of check run payments into respective electronic check run payment folder.
- Process special Housing Program payment check requests.
- Communicate with staff to investigate and resolve various payment issues or missing invoice data and documentation.
- Respond to landlord vendor and staff inquiries.
- Reconcile landlord vendor payments, research and correct discrepancies.
- Ensure that AP policies and procedures are met before payments are recorded.
- Assist Purchasing Coordinator with creation of vendor ID’s in accounting system for new landlord vendor when applicable.
- Assist Accounts Payable Coordinator with check runs and invoice data entry when necessary or applicable.
- Assist in resolving complex quality issues encountered with Housing Program lead staff regarding payments or processing status.
- Actively seek solutions and improvements to streamline processes within programs.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Proactive activities include both departmental cross-training as well as classroom learning (on-line, institutional and outside).
- Assist with other projects as assigned.
- Excellent computer and data entry skills.
- Experience with Microsoft office applications with the ability to design or work with intermediate level spreadsheets, automated payroll and time keeping systems, and general ledger accounting software.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are necessary.
- Must be well organized and able to prioritize workload.
- Ability to be receptive of constructive guidance and instructions to enhance performance and procedures of duties and tasks in order to meet expectations.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to compose business quality emails. Ability to communicate with a variety of internal and external contacts within all levels of organizations.
- Able to prioritize special requests to meet sudden or high priority payment requirements.
- Ability to work with and maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Conduct in a professional, respectful, and cooperative manner with co-workers, managerial and upper administration personnel.
- Associates degree in accounting, business or related field OR any equivalent combinations of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Two to three years of experience in A/P, with progressive accounting experience
- Work experience in Government or Non-Profit organization
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The incumbent will regularly sit, and will frequently talk and listen and use hands to handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. During the performance of his/her duties, the incumbent will regularly lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee works regularly in an office environment where the noise level is moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this position. They are not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
For a complete list of our job opportunities, please visit our website @ cr-sdc.org scroll to the bottom of the page a click on the JOIN OUR TEAM link.