SDC ARPA Lead Hazard Reduction Program reduces lead exposure in then City of Milwaukee homes. The Program Assistant will represent as the primary contact for the program and enrollment-related questions. Monitor enrollment process to ensure timely turnaround and determining eligibility. Ensure accuracy and integrity through routine enrollment processes and work assignments. Support operations with administrative daily tasks to ensure the program process is accurate and documented. Provide excellent customer service to ensure customers understand the enrollment process and eligibility requirements. Also, provide customer service to internal and external partners and customers.
Customer Service and Program Enrollment
- Serves as the point person for City of Milwaukee Health Department referrals, applications questions from the community and other department staff, maintaining knowledge of application and guidelines as they pertain tom program requirements.
- Send, receive, review, and process program applications and collect necessary documentation to verify program eligibility requirements including state insurance and blood lead level history.
- Continually manages the application status in the database/excel workbook to inquiring families/landlord waitlist.
- Support Program Coordinator in sending communication regarding the status of the program to property owners and occupants including determining program eligibility and providing follow-up communication to then property owner regarding their application.
- Prepare and set up project folders for each ARPA customers job and refer property for the Lead-based paint inspections/Risk Assessment.
- Coordinate the process of Lead-based paint inspection/Risk Assessment and Work Scope: Awards, manages Dropbox, saves, and updates project log.
- Customer Service: Respond to customer’s with questions, comments, concerns regarding enrollment and status of inspection.
- Document and refer customer complaints to Program Coordinator
- Maintain E-Logs: Create and monitor spreadsheets for ARPA Lead Hazard Reduction program and referrals to other resources.
- Assist Program Coordinator in preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for the status of projects and outcomes
- Order and track monthly supply expenditures.
- Must have a strong background in customer service and administrative office skills.
- Must have the ability to maintain filing systems and proficient typing 40wpm minimum.
- Must be experienced in
- excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Proven experience in high volume complex invoicing.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma
- 2 years of successful office/ clerical experience with solid customer service, vendor management, and costing/invoicing & reporting.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The incumbent will regularly sit, and will frequently talk and listen and use hands to finger, handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. During the performance of his/her duties, the incumbent will regularly lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will work regularly in the office or out in the field environment where the noise level may vary.
Performs indoor and outdoor on-site work inspections on lead abatement projects. Wears required personal protective equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this position. They are not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
For a complete list of our job opportunities, please visit our website @ cr-sdc.org scroll to the bottom of the page a click on the JOIN OUR TEAM link.