*Salary is commensurate with experience*
Job Purpose: The main function of the Community Health Worker is to serve as a resource to local community groups on issues and remediating resources available to cope with public health concerns. The Community Health Worker is expected to be an “in the field” public health subject matter expert that maintains a strong understanding of the needs and resources of the communities that they serve; acts as a liaison and referral resource between health agencies, social service agencies; and people in the community. The goal of the Community Health Worker is to connect people with resources to address health-related concerns or needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Help individuals, families, community groups and organizations develop their capacity and access to resources, including coronavirus (COVID-19) prevention and remediation, health insurance, food, housing, healthcare and health information.
- Facilitate communication between clients and healthcare and social service organizations in the community.
- Inform, educate and increase the ability of people in the community to access healthcare and social service supportive services.
- Facilitate the ability of community healthcare and social service systems to increase their accessibility to people of diverse cultures.
- Participate in webinars and trainings associated with COVID-19 updates and other health issues from state resources including, the WI Dept. of Health Services, Center for Disease Control (CDC) and other resources.
- Help people understand their physical and mental health conditions and develop plans to improve their health.
- Promote healthy lifestyles and health lifestyle choices.
- Deliver physical and mental health information in culturally appropriate ways..
- Enter data related to community outreach activity in program database, and utilize various computer programs to access client data.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to CR-SDC rules and regulations. Comply with data integrity and security policies.
- Maintain relationships with community based organizations, funders, state and county agencies.
- Attend meetings and prepare reports as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to relate well to people of various ages and from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license with acceptable driving record, use of an automobile and current auto insurance.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, funders, partners, government officials and the general public.
- Computer and data entry skills including spreadsheets and automated data systems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of written or verbal information.
- Ability to work in a fast paced diverse environment and to find the resources to assist the customer.
- Functionally Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- High School diploma.
- Associates degree or 2 years of college in human service, communications or related field preferred.
- 2 years of experience in community outreach within community-based agency.
- Community Heath Worker COVID certificated training to be obtained within 6 months of being hired. Note: Training will be virtual and the cost is not the responsibility of the person hired for the position.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The incumbent will regularly sit, and will frequently talk and listen and use hands to handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. During the performance of his/her duties, the incumbent will regularly lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee works regularly in an office environment where the noise level is moderate.
For a complete list of our job opportunities, please visit our website @ cr-sdc.org, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on the JOIN OUR TEAM link.