*Salary is salary commensurate with experience*
Job Purpose: Works to asset map and coordinate potential collaboration with community residents and other community-based organizations. Collaborates efforts of Elected District Commission members to enhance target districts in order to achieve stronger families, greater economic vitality, and ultimately a neighborhood that is united around a collective desire to move forward. They will provide planning, community engagement, and problem-solving at the grass-root level.
- Educate Residents about the history and purpose of SDC.
- Be available to participate in varying district events and potentially staff event tables as representatives of the agency in collaboration with respective commission member.
- Strategic Asset Mapping & Aiming.
- Staff/Attend Targeted Resource Opportunities across Milwaukee County.
- Staff Survey Tables during collection of Community Needs Assessment Data.
- Vendor Table Event Staffing when necessary and applicable.
- May Participate in neighborhood Clean-ups.
- Some door-to door canvassing and literature drops.
- Collaborate with Commission members and internal designated staff for the production and coordination of of Town Hall Meetings.
- Collaborate with Commission members and internal designated staff for the production assistance with Commission Public Hearings.
- Expand engagement and outreach with Business Improvement Districts, Neighborhood Associations and other Community based organizations and other human service providers.
- When necessary attend CDBG meetings, and other trainings as deemed necessary by Project/Initiative Manager.
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to relate well to people of various ages and from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to build strong relationships.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience in data entry using Excel or equivalent computer background.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license with acceptable driving record, use of an automobile and current auto insurance.
Proof required at first day of employment
- High school diploma or GED equivalency.
- 2 years of experience in community outreach/organizing within community-based agency, community health organization or related field.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
- While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The incumbent will regularly sit, and will frequently talk and listen and use hands to handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. During the performance of his/her duties, the incumbent will regularly lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 20 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to varying weather conditions while conducting outdoor activities.
For a complete list of our job opportunities, please visit our website @ cr-sdc.org, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on the JOIN OUR TEAM link.