Job Purpose: Coordinate and implement community focused research participant recruitment, and various duties in support of research studies. A pivotal part of planning and implementing the Dismantling Racism InVigorating Equity (D.R.IV.E.) Together research study.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive community focused recruitment plan. Attend relevant events to aid in recruitment efforts (including rare weekend and night recruitment efforts.)
- Under the direction of the Policy and Research Manager and Principal Investigator, independently conduct research surveys with participants, manage collected data, conduct face-to-face interviews (on occasion phone interviews.)
- Under the direction of the study coordinator and principal investigator, independently enroll eligible participants following study protocol, institutional standard operating procedures, and federal regulations concerning the consent of patients into human subject research studies. Maintain confidentiality measures and protocol for collected data.
- Coordinate participant study visits. Organize study visit materials: informed consent forms, surveys, and other files as required per protocol. Collect required data paper forms and enter into computerized data capture systems.
- This role will identify, compile, and engage a list of research participants in accordance to research objectives.
Additionally, generate and send letters to enrolled or potentially eligible study participants. Screen and cold call potentially eligible study participants. This role is also responsible for assisting with engagement of community partners and stakeholders.
- Provide general administrative support to study team members and investigators, including but not limited to: consistent and accurate documentation of study activities, contacts with participants, study management, and study visit coordination (including compiling study packets and recruitment literature). This role will also track the progress of the study, and work closely with an interdisciplinary team, reporting study progress.
- Coordinate and verify accuracy of subject stipends dispersed.
Assist study coordinator and Primary Investigator (PI) for future referencing of this job with regulatory submissions to the institutional review board and provide feedback on future research efforts, as needed
- Research recruitment and communication skills (interpersonal skills) such as active listening and an understanding of social perceptiveness.
- Experience with research implementation
- Experience working with computer software such as Microsoft 365 (Word, Outlook, Excel etc.) and other database management systems.
- Mission-driven and self-motivated, resourceful team player with strong project management, critical thinking, problem solving ability, and time management skills.
- Experience with persuasive and expository writing.
- Experience networking and working within the communities of diverse ethnic groups.
- Maintaining quality control standards to preserve the integrity of data collected.
- An Associate’s Degree plus 4-5 year of experience conducting research and/or; a Bachelor Degree (Business, Communications, Marketing, Biology, Psychology or related field) plus 1-3 years of experience conducting research.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
- While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The incumbent will regularly sit, and will frequently talk and listen and use hands to handle and touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. During the performance of his/her duties, the incumbent will regularly lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 20 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee works regularly in an office environment where the noise level is moderate
For a complete list of our job opportunities, please visit our website @ cr-sdc.org, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on the JOIN OUR TEAM link.