Job Purpose: The Milwaukee Community Schools Partnership to support the Community School model through family & community engagement, developing communication systems, and recruiting & managing partnerships & resources around school goals.
- Coordinate and manage community partnerships and resources in accordance with the Community School Action Plan including the facilitation of regular meetings and ongoing communication among partners and school staff to ensure effective integration.
- Participate in the development of the school’s asset map and priority assessment. Continuously engage community in ongoing assessment and activities as a successor to the initial community asset map and priority assessment process.
- Organize and facilitate monthly Community School Leadership Team meetings (administration, school staff, parents, students, community residents, community partner organizations).
- Work closely with the Community School Leadership Team to create a Community School Action Plan that implements programs and services which are coordinated and well-aligned to articulated goals for the partner community school. Guide Community School Leadership Team to assure successful alignment and implementation of resources to the Community School Action Plan.
- Facilitate communication and relationship-building with community partners, key stakeholders, and volunteers including participation in community groups and/or committees as a representative of designated partner school.
- Participate in appropriate school and community meetings (i.e. Learning Team), community partner organization meetings, neighborhood association meetings and parent organization meetings to ensure strategic communication and alignment
- Serve as key contact person for school staff seeking support or enrichment for students and families.
- Develop and maintain daily calendar of programming during and beyond the school day for children, families, and the community including use of the building after school hours.
- Provide training and technical assistance activities to community partners, key stakeholders, school staff, and volunteers as needed.
- Participate in and support school staff and community partners in ongoing professional learning specific to Culturally Responsive and Restorative Practices
- Monitor and analyze outcomes related to school goals and benchmarks of community school determined in Community School Action Plan, such as: attendance, student discipline referrals, academic achievement, parental involvement, and program effectiveness. Prepare monthly reports to share with school and community partners.
- Support United Way, MPS, and individual school grant-seeking and other fund development activities including; planning and development of application processes, grant-writing, and training and/or technical assistance in the outcome measurement reporting.
- Ability to…
- work in a complex environment using technical and interpersonal skills;
- establish good working relationships with diverse groups including regulatory agencies, or members of the business community;
- effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors and respond to common inquiries or complaints as needed;
- Demonstrated excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and editing skills with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy are required.
- Experience in working with computerized software, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel or other similar programs and knowledge of computer-based outcome reporting systems.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Bilingual applicants encouraged
- Minimum high school diploma or GED; Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience described in this section.
- Familiarity with and credibility in Milwaukee neighborhoods (experience living, working or going to school with ties to the local community).
- Background working with youth, within public education or community-based work.
- Additionally, experience should reflect increasing leadership responsibilities involving project management, collaboration, supervision, and evaluation.
- Preferred experience with all or some: facilitation, data analysis, grant writing, and/or using outcomes in program development, operation or evaluation is highly desired.
- Must possess ability to work well independently and in a team including staff and volunteers. It is critical to understand community priorities and how to organize strategies to promote community impact.
- A valid WI state driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle in good working condition is essential.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
- While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The incumbent will regularly sit, and will frequently talk and listen and use hands to handle and touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. During the performance of his/her duties, the incumbent will regularly lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 20 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee works regularly in an school and office environment where the noise level is moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this position. They are not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
For a complete list of our job opportunities, please visit our website @ cr-sdc.org scroll to the bottom of the page a click on the JOIN OUR TEAM link.