Job Purpose: Conducts interviews of applicants seeking resources assistance and inputs application information directly into the CAP60 system database.
- Conduct onsite client interviews for the determination of assistance available
- When necessary, contacting external vendors and resources for information or referral opportunities for the customer
- Determining and contacting internal resources for information and referral opportunities for the client.
- Determining whenever appropriate; refer social service problems to case managers.
- Answer & respond to incoming calls & re-direct calls as necessary
- May serve as alternating back up support whenever necessary to reception and or mail room
- Maintain, prepare, and file necessary paperwork(daily reporting forms, referral forms, etc)..
- Prepare, compile and sort documents for data entry
- Check source document for accuracy and completeness
- Input client data in a timely and accurate manner into the web-based information system
- Comply with and or assist in the compilation of statistical information for special reports
- Establish and maintain data entry standards by following data entry best practices
- Enter data from source documents into prescribed computer database, files and forms
- Store completed documents in designated locations
- Comply with data integrity and security policies
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to CR-SDC rules and regulations
- Skillsets applicable to customer services must be displayed at all times
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, customers, and the general public.
- Interviewing skills for the purpose of gathering and verifying pertinent information for the completion of forms; perform basic mathematical computations, interpreting rules and regulations and reviewing forms or documents for completeness and accuracy in social services
- Computer and data entry skills.
- Ability to access and determine the correct application process for the client.
- Prepare and expedite external/internal agency forms.
- Ability to work in a fast paced diverse environment and to find the resources to assist the client.
- Knowledge of correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Functionally Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Requires a High School diploma, proficient in relevant computer applications.
- 1-2 years of office experience that includes managing high volume calls.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The incumbent will regularly sit, and will frequently talk and listen and use hands to handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. During the performance of his/her duties, the incumbent will regularly lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee works regularly in an office environment where the noise level is moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this position. They are not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
For a complete list of our job opportunities, please visit our website @ cr-sdc.org and scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the JOIN OUR TEAM link.