*Salary is commensurate with experience*
Responsible for collecting and conducting eligibility screenings in processing customer applications. Entering confidential information into required database systems and spreadsheets. Maintaining highest level of customer service, ensuring interaction with the program is a positive experience in-person, over the phone or through community outreach events.
- Process applications for new customers accurately and efficiently with respect of customer confidentiality.
- As the first point of contact of the department, meet and greet walk-in customers inquiring about the program.
- Screen, respond and direct all customer questions, comments, complaints or concerns to appropriate area within 24-48 hr timeframe, with a purpose to a resolution.
- Coordinate calendar’s for scheduling daily/weekly appointments between potential customers, state monitoring visits and staff/department.
- Oversee and report on incoming/outgoing mailings and online applications to ensure required documentation is eligible, verified and complete.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills with with internal and/or external customers. department goals.
- Prepare and create project file folders and electronic folders for each customer.
- Maintains customer filing system to remain compliant according to state guidelines.
- Update and monitor spreadsheets to prepare for weekly reports.
- Track, monitor and follow-up with customer complaints.
- Record and type up monthly Quality Assurance meeting minutes.
- Attend outreach events annually, providing educational information and resources on services available to the community.
- Ensure customer files are updated with current invoices, organized and filed away according to program standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bi-lingual; fluent in English and Spanish is preferred.
- Must have strong background in Customer Service and administrative office skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate with others effectively, listen closely and convey points clearly through written and verbal communication.
- Must have the ability to prioritize, be organized, maintain filing systems and proficient typing speed of 40 wpm minimum.
- Must be experienced in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook.
- Associates degree and/or 2 years of progressive experience within the non-profit/community action programs.
- Two years of customer service or scheduling experience a plus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The incumbent will regularly sit and will frequently talk and listen and use hands to finger, handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. During the performance of his/her duties, the incumbent will regularly lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee works regularly in an office environment where the noise level is moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this position. They are not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
For a complete list of our job opportunities, please visit our website @ cr-sdc.org, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on the JOIN OUR TEAM link.