*Salary is commensurate with experience*
Job Purpose: Provides intake and outreach for housing programs which includes conducting an eligibility assessment to determine the appropriate housing program. Assist individuals and families with their housing needs and goals. Works closely with Housing Counselors, mortgage lenders and landlords to achieve the housing goals set for the individual or family.
- Answers phone calls about and assists program participants in the foreclosure and mortgage payment assistance application process, which may include applicant and property eligibility, and gathering income and financial documents.
- Responsible for accurate documentation and maintaining a case file as required by agency policy, government regulations, and applicable local, state, and federal codes.
- Contribute as an active member of the housing team by participating in staff meetings, customer staffings, trainings and workshops, department or agency planning activities, assisting in special projects, and providing support, peer mentoring and training to co-workers.
- Manage assigned customer applications including ongoing review for additional financial support.
- Review customer eligibility criteria to determine qualifications for available services.
- Interview customers to assess and determine current and future needs. Assist with completion of program required paperwork.
- Answer & respond to incoming calls and emails in a timely manner.
- Enter and ensure accuracy of information entered into electronic application system.
- Track funder required forms, application progress, communications, case notes, and payments in electronic application system.
- Process the appropriate paperwork to ensure payment of benefits in a timely manner. Payment details and supporting paperwork must be entered in the electronic application system.
- Follow all processes and procedures related to the housing programs.
- When nececessary, contact external partners and resources for information or referral opportunities for the customer.
- Determine internal resources and referral opportunities for the customer.
- Respond to crisis situations including evictions and foreclosures.
- Other duties as required or assigned by supervisor or management.
- Fluency in the English language is required. Spanish speaking ability is an added asset, but is not required.
- Service oriented and the ability to have social perceptiveness when dealing with customer’s needsmust be displayed at all times.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, lenders, landlords, and the general public.
- Strong time management ability.
- Interviewing skills to gather and verify pertinent information for the completion of forms; perform basic mathematical computations, interpreting rules and regulations and reviewing forms or documents for completeness and accuracy in social services.
- Sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of population served.
- Possess strong organizational skills with ability to meet a demanding workload.
- Excellent computer and data entry skills. Functionally Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to assess and determine the correct application process for the customer.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced diverse environment and to find the resources to assist the ccustomer.
- Requires a High School diploma, proficient in relevant computer applications.
- 1-2 years of office experience that includes data entry and managing high volume calls.
- Case management experience working with low-income individuals/families with poverty issues including housing instability or related experience.
To apply, please visit our listing of job opportunities. We hope to hear from you soon!