Spectrum Nonprofit Services, LLC seeks an energetic professional with an interest in nonprofit strategy and passion for partnering with nonprofit leaders as they work toward achieving their missions and building stronger, healthier, and more enriching and equitable communities.
This full-time consultant will be an integral part of our small, dynamic team providing consulting and training services to a variety of nonprofit and philanthropic organizations around the country. Spectrum’s work results in specific, achievable strategies to strengthen organizations across multiple areas including organizational strategy, impact, program design and evaluation, finances, revenue generation, people and governance.
The right person will bring their expertise to clients and possess the ability to learn quickly while being comfortable with both the structure and flexibility that strategic planning and working in a small office can provide. Additionally, the candidate should embrace an entrepreneurial spirit to build Spectrum’s business and strengthen our practice through contributing to the development of services or approaches, marketing opportunities and identifying technology or other opportunities for efficiency gains, in collaboration with the full team.
To excel at this position, you will need these qualities:
- Personal Commitment and Drive: Belief in the power of the nonprofit sector to bring change and strengthen communities and the drive to continuously provide quality client service and seek innovative approaches to achieving our goals.
- Excellent Communication and Relationship Skills: Ability to listen and possess curiosity to understand client needs and develop deep relationships; possess strong writing and speaking skills to present to multiple audiences in a clear, meaningful manner that fosters understanding and learning.
- Practical Experience: An empathy for the challenges nonprofit professionals and volunteers face, as well as the ability to craft solutions that can be implemented to overcome barriers and achieve results. Nonprofit experience is preferred.
- Project Management Skills: Consultants manage multiple projects at once and will need the ability to manage both short-term and long-term deliverables by producing quality work within a budget.
- Curiosity: Spectrum is known for producing new, innovative solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We accomplish this through ongoing learning and being active in the broader nonprofit community which provides opportunity for peer networking and professional development.
This position will be responsible for:
- Managing client engagements in partnership with Spectrum’s Principal and other consultants to facilitate organizational change, strategic decision-making, and surfacing strategies to strengthen nonprofit organizations. On a day-to-day basis this may include:
- Developing timelines, agendas and processes to achieve stated meeting and engagement goals.
- Creating surveys, conducting focus groups and researching and reviewing other data to learn stakeholder perspectives and understand the market in which nonprofits operate.
- Writing and editing reports to summarize findings and recommendations.
- Contributing to the advancement of the practice by keeping abreast of trends and happenings in the nonprofit sector as well as through research and writing in sector periodicals. On a day-to-day basis this may include:
- Reading sector articles and blogs to keep up to date on the latest research impacting nonprofit strategy and management.
- Observing trends from clients and researching data to understand the challenges and opportunities nonprofit leaders face.
- Writing for Spectrum’s blog on your observations.
- Contributing to development of tools and approaches to help clients address challenges.
- Presenting at conferences or other venues to highlight new thinking.
- Participating in the firm’s ongoing business development and marketing process. On a day-to-day basis this may include:
- Actively contributing to the design of firm’s business development and marketing strategy.
- Oversight of and contributions to Spectrum’s social media presence.
- Development of proposals including designing process and determining budgets.
About Spectrum Nonprofit Services:
Based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Spectrum Nonprofit Services has developed both a local and national reputation in nonprofit sustainability and an emphasis on adaptive strategy. Spectrum is a small, fast-paced collaborative office that has seen continual growth over the last fifteen years. Staff are expected to be flexible and take initiative when necessary, as many aspects of this business require the ability to work independently on a regular basis. We partner with organizations of all sizes and missions to provide customized consulting and training services designed to increase impact, financial viability and overall sustainability.
We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about who we are, what we do, and what we’re thinking about.
- General background information on our website at spectrumnonprofit.com & spectrumnonprofit.com/about-spectrum/
- Our Services
- Our approach to strategy
Spectrum Nonprofit Services offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary with incentive-based increases, health insurance with minimal employee contribution and liberal paid-time off (PTO) commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position.
Base salary for the Strategy Consultant position is $60,000 to $75,000 depending on experience with potential for more. The position is currently structured to be billable approximately 55% of working time with substantial compensation incentives based on exceeding that target together with revenue generated.
Please email a cover letter that explains how your previous experience aligns with this role and an up-to-date résumé to: email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.