Position as a classroom teacher in a self-contained classroom in a year round school setting serving an emotionally disturbed adolescent population.
- Implement and evaluates IEP’s for all students.
- Write curriculum and lesson plans.
- Maintain contact with parents.
- Administer and score standardized testing for students.
- Provides safe learning environment.
- Provides conflict resolution, crisis intervention and physical restraints of students.
- Provides social skill training.
- Calculates grades and weekly behavioral assessment reports.
- Assist in maintenance and security of agency grounds, facilities and equipment.
- Dialog with treatment staff.
- Occasional transportation of clients (outings, field trips) if designated as an approved driver and with written supervisor approval.
- Transporting clients to fulfill ongoing programming needs (Intensive Day Treatment and Behavior Reassignment Teachers)..
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Wisconsin Teacher Certification in cross-categorical Special Education K-12, English and Language Arts 4-12 , Mathematics 4-12, Science 4-12 and Social Studies 4-12 or ability to obtain an Emergency license and maintain yearly.
- Minimum of one year experience (or training in relation to) working with school age youth. Experience with at risk preferred.
- Ability to be able to write curriculum, IEP’s, grade reports, incident and physical intervention reports.
- Ability to display cultural competence by responding respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, languages, classes, races, ethnic backgrounds, religions and other diversity factors in a manner that recognizes, affirms and values the worth of individuals, families and communities and protects and preserves the dignity of each.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of Exceptional Education and IEP procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required.
- Attention to detail and good organization skills.
- Ability to physically restrain students when appropriate.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to use vehicles for work related duties according to the agency’s insurance liability standards.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
- School setting/indoor classroom.
- Occasional outdoor fieldtrips with students.
- Local travel as required fulfilling essential functions of the position.
How to Apply:
Please visit our website: stcharlesinc.org