General Purpose of the job: The Youth Program Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating youth programs in schools and the community. This a 20 hour per week job.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assist with the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of school-based ATODA prevention programs, including LEAD and Champions cross-age education programs
· Provide transportation of youth to and from school for off-site programming
· Facilitate youth meetings, education sessions, and trainings
· Design and deliver alcohol and other drug prevention education to school and community groups
· Assist with tobacco compliance checks at area retailers
· Conduct youth ATODA assessments and follow-up individual education sessions
· Attend agency staff meetings and other assigned meetings and trainings
· Assistance with organizing, planning and implementing agency events, as-needed
· Maintain regular documentation, record keeping, and data collection for reporting requirements and program evaluation
· Maintain strong working relationships with school and community personnel
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Ability, and Experience:
· Knowledge of alcohol, tobacco, and other drug abuse/use and prevention strategies
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Strong organizational skills and willingness to be flexible
· Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
· Ability to develop and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with individuals and community stakeholders
· Ability to interact effectively and sensitively with youth and adults from diverse social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds
· Experience working with adolescents
· B.A. or B.S. degree in Social Service field
· Valid Wisconsin driver’s license and automobile with insurance required
– Pre-employment background check.
· Permanent part-time, hourly position
· Starting Point is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
A cover letter is required for this position.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please email a Cover Letter AND Resume to Melissa Drews at firstname.lastname@example.org.