The Salvation Army Emergency Lodge provides a wide variety of services to those in need. Since 1979, the 120-bed Emergency Lodge, located at 1730 N 7th St. in Milwaukee, has provided emergency shelter to homeless individuals and families with children. More than 80% of residents successfully move from shelter to safe, affordable housing each year. If you want to help make a difference by serving your community and helping those in need, apply now!
The Case Manager I provides on-site shelter case management services to eligible clients in which an individual’s needs are identified and the psychosocial, habilitative and medical services designed to meet those needs are located, coordinated and monitored in collaboration with other professional staff.
About the role:
- Conducts casework interviews with clients, family members, service providers, employers and others to obtain information for formulating program/service eligibility and case status; generally within 72 hours of the client’s admission to the shelter.
- Identifies psychosocial, economic and physical needs of clients; assesses and reassesses client’s support systems, available community resources and other factors to plan, develop, and implement an appropriate service plan.
- Develops and implements a case plan that presents intervention strategies to meet client needs including alternative placement, job training, socialization, nursing services, legal and medical intervention and financial assistance according to State and federal regulatory guidelines and budget limitations.
- Refers clients to appropriate community medical, emotional, transitional and permanent housing programs, economic and social support organizations, job training programs, advocates for or assists the client in obtaining such services.
- Prepares complete and accurate case notes; writes correspondence, reports and other written materials; inputs data into HMIS.
- Reviews all assigned cases on a scheduled basis to determine continuing need for services, and present in regular case review process.
- Attends and actively participates in meetings with other community family shelter providers on behalf of The Salvation Army Social Services.
- Assists in providing additional services for clients including various seasonal programs.
Education: Bachelor’s in a social work related field preferred.
Experience: Two years case work experience in a social service agency, or fieldwork; SOAR experience/training preferred
-Or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities.
Certifications: Must obtain the Territorial Caseworker Certification within one year of hire.
Please use this link to apply on our career site.