Whether it’s overcoming poverty, combatting addiction, providing housing, or curing hunger, the Salvation Army of Milwaukee West does it all! We help overcome poverty through providing backpacks and school supplies as wells as providing coats and winter accessories to the children in Milwaukee. To play a larger part in your community, apply today!
The Pathway of Hope Case Manager will develop and promote Pathway of Hope (POH) services to individuals receiving services at the Milwaukee West Corps, and community organizations. Provides strengths-based case management and coordination of overall services offered to families through POH at Milwaukee West Corps. Works collaboratively with the POH Regional Coordinator to assure that identified family needs are addressed within the framework of a client-centered holistic approach.
Deliver the full range of Pathway of Hope individualized services including:
- Conduct pre-screening and intake of participants using specified assessment tools.
- Provide linkage to Pastoral Care Representative for pastoral care, counseling, and support.
- Complete all intake and required assessments including basic demographic information, and any required assessments. Works with the POH team to ensure that the Spiritual Assessment is completed, and Pastoral Care is provided.
- Conduct goal setting steps with participants formulating change-oriented action plans.
- Coordinate referrals and participant linkage to internal and/or external resources that will facilitate successful achievement of identified goals.
- Address completion requirements early in the engagement process to fully educate participants on all services available and facilitate successful transition and closure. Inform participants of the plan to monitor their progress after successful completion through engagement in exit and follow-up assessments and surveys.
- Schedule weekly meetings with participants, transitioning them from services to independence.
- Conduct follow-up case management meetings with participants. Meet with clients to monitor progress regularly, including making home visits as needed.
- Refer participants to internal and/or external services designed to address identified goals.
- Monitor and track participants progress in goal attainment on the action plans.
- Develop plans to address transition needs and ongoing documentation of progress.
- Enter all required family demographic and outcome data in the SIMS electronic data management system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Meet with local POH team weekly to coordinate overall participant services including community linkages, address programmatic requirements including intake processes, intervention strategies and collection of data needed to meet program reporting requirements.
Education: Bachelor’s in social work, human services, psychology, sociology, or criminal justice.
Experience: Three years social work experience.
Certifications: Valid Wisconsin Driver’s license with approval to drive from The Salvation Army’s insurance. Must obtain the Territorial Caseworker Certification within 120 days of hire.
Please use this link to apply on our career site.