Tikkun Ha-Ir of Milwaukee (Hebrew for “Repair the City”) is a local Jewish social justice and social action organization. We aim to build a more just community by uniting Jews of all backgrounds in study, action, and civic engagement around such issues as hunger, homelessness, voting, and more.
Tikkun Ha-Ir seeks a part-time Communications & Administration Associate to support the growing efforts of engagement and action. This position supports the Executive Director, Food Justice Director, and Jewish Educator/Interfaith Organizer, and averages 15-18 hours/week. Much of the work will be done from home, with some in-person hours required. Hours are flexible based on the needs of the organization. Occasional weekends and evenings required.
The ideal applicant will be comfortable interacting with the Jewish community and is a strong communicator in various settings. They will be attentive to detail and be comfortable using online database platforms, social media, Mailchimp and WordPress. Ability to handle confidential materials is a must. Looking for a self-starter who is effective at prioritizing and adaptable to different situations.
- Create bi-weekly and event-focused email newsletters
- Plan & schedule social media campaigns in line with current and upcoming programs
- Create social media posts in Canva, keeping in line with brand standards
- Design, layout, and edit quarterly paper newsletters using Adobe Indesign or similar program
- Lead marketing efforts by updating website/social media pages & groups
- Create + distribute marketing materials & paper correspondence
- Manage internal communication practices with staff and volunteer leadership
- Use NEON CRM Database to input donations, organize donations, and letter merge donation acknowledgements (training provided)
- document events, collect data, review program metrics
- Retrieve mail
- Manage receipt and processing of weekly No donations
- Send out donor acknowledgements & tribute cards
- Assist Executive Director with timeline and delivery of fundraising events
- Check and Update Public Calendars with upcoming events
- Staff in person events and properly represent Tikkun Ha-Ir
- Communication design skills using Canva design, Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Indesign a plus
- Ability to use Mailchimp and WordPress (training provided)
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Adaptability skills; able to multitask and pivot task priority as needed.
- Friendliness and ability to communicate and be comfortable talking to individuals from different backgrounds
- Ability to collaborate and work with both staff members, volunteers, partner organizations, congregations, members of the Jewish community, and members of the Milwaukee community.
- Ability to use Asana as a planner to assign and complete tasks
- Patience in implementing and working with new systems including data management
- The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, organized and detail oriented as well as a good problem solver.
- 1-2 years relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Background in marketing/communications a plus
- Valid driver’s license needed, access to a car preferred
- Ability to both virtually and in person in Milwaukee, WI
Hours: 15-18 hours per week
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter via email to Sami Stein Avner, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity is a key value of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to social, economic, and racial justice. All are welcome and encouraged to apply.