Wellpoint Care Network’s mission is to facilitate equity, learning, healing and wellness by restoring the connections that help children and families thrive.
Wellpoint (formerly SaintA) is deeply committed to the welfare and protection of children, and our goal is to strengthen and support families. In every effort, from receiving hotline calls to reaching family reunification or foster care and adoption, children and families are our focus.
Our next Family Preservation Program Specialist will work with families that have children placed in out of home care and families that have children in their home. They will collaborate case managers to ensure child safety and well-being, and deliver high-quality direct services including support, guidance, visit coaching, mentoring, and education offered to parents who are receiving supervised family interaction sessions, parenting skill building interventions, basic home management, and life skills services.
- Delivers high-quality direct services including coaching, mentoring, and education to parents who are receiving supervised family interaction sessions, parenting skill building assistance, basic home management and life skills services.
- Establishes a relevant, strengths-oriented treatment goals that are in line with primary goals of child safety and improved family functioning, in collaboration with Family Preservation Supervisor.
- Advocates for the needs and interests of families who are receiving supervised and unsupervised family interaction sessions through the Family Services Department.
- Provides accurate and professional documentation of family interaction sessions and one on one Client meetings in progress notes, quarterly summaries, discharge summaries, and other paperwork.
- Performs transportation/driving services for client/children who are participating in family interaction sessions when needed and follows all laws, rules, and regulations while driving.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social work or related degree required Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in child welfare or social service setting required.
- Knowledge of the concepts of child safety and parental protective capacities.
- Proficient in the usage of computer software; demonstrate an understanding of computer file systems and computer software packages, e.g., Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Teams, ADP, etc.
- Ability to take initiative and act quickly and independently when the situation demands it; sees a need and takes appropriate action without being prompted or reminded; demonstrates ability to effectively deal with crisis situations.
- Ability to exhibit professionalism while working effectively and harmoniously with staff, program participants, social service agencies, legal parties, and the public.
- Demonstrate an ability to effective understanding and practice of cultural humility and ability work and communicate respectfully with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to lift and carry young children and car seats.
- Ability to work a flexible Schedule based on the needs of the Clients in the program, including evenings and weekend hours as well as on-call responsibilities.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license required.
- Personal vehicle must be available for daily use and can to accommodate at least two children in car seats.
- Physical exam, drug screen, motor vehicle report, and background checks are required for this position.
Position Details & Extras:
- Full time w/ benefits
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) – Wellpoint (formerly SaintA) employees may be eligible for loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.
- Reimbursement for mileage.
- Bilingual stipends.
- Interaction with personnel, clients, family members, visitors, volunteers, interns, and vendors under all conditions and circumstances.
- Incumbents will occasionally need to be available for extra hours and/or provide flexibility to accommodate special events, peak demand or staff shortages.
Wellpoint is a Wisconsin provider of family-centered care and educational services. As a 2021 Top Workplace of Southeastern Wisconsin and national leader of Trauma Informed Care, a philosophy and practice that acknowledges the profound effects of trauma on the developing brain, we are passionate about delivering quality, evidence-informed care to help children and families overcome trauma and thrive.
Wellpoint provides a rich continuum of services, including:
- Child Welfare and Foster Care
- Support for youth who have aged out of care
- Care Coordination and Wraparound services
- Mental health therapy and supports such as The Clinic @ Wellpoint (formerly SaintA), Family Preservation, Caregiver Support, Integrated Community Treatment
- Professional education and clinical consultation (for organizations, schools, and individual/family)
Interested parties please submit a cover letter and resume online. We are committed to enhancing diversity, equity and inclusion and strongly encourage minority candidates to apply. For more information, visit our website www.wellpoint.org.
To protect the health and well-being of our employees, clients and community members we come in contact with on a daily basis, Wellpoint (formerly SaintA) has decided to mandate the COVID vaccine for all employees or be approved with a qualified exemption. Please note that job candidates must be partially vaccinated within thirty (30) days of hire, and fully vaccinated within sixty (60) days of hire or approved for an exemption.
Wellpoint is an equal opportunity employer.