Have you always dreamed of a career where you can make a difference for animals and the people who love them? The Wisconsin Humane Society is looking for a Senior Director of Animal and Client Services to join our team! You’ll work as part of our Senior Operations Team in partnership with behavior and veterinary experts as you provide leadership support to our animal care, client services, veterinary support, foster, and transfer teams across the organization. The position reports to our Vice President of Operations. If you’re looking for the perfect opportunity to support and develop leaders while making a difference for thousands of animals and families each year, this position is for you. Apply today, you’ll be happy you did!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implement and manage strategic operating plans and ongoing processes to support organizational strategic plans and direction.
- Implement, monitor, and maintain standards for animal care, client services, foster, transfer, and veterinary support functions.
- In partnership with veterinary and behavior stakeholders, monitor the animal population and ensure animals are moving efficiently through the shelter system.
- Work closely with veterinary and behavior leadership to ensure the care of and adoption of animals reflects and aligns with the professional knowledge and practices of our veterinary and behavior work.
- Act as the primary human resources partner for animal and client services teams using our supervisory processes, people-centered approach, and values.
- Embrace and commit to WHSs people-centered philosophy in which we partner with people to fulfill our mission using a welcoming, supportive, and non-judgmental approach.
- Consistently and positively communicate organizational and department strategic direction, priorities, values, and key information
- Establish frameworks for staffing that integrate volunteers in impactful ways, provide effective training opportunities, and balances organizational needs.
- Use WHS Supervisors Tools to develop performance and professional growth of each direct report
- Monitor all aspects of respective department budgets.
- Collaborate with department, campus, and organizational leadership to maintain alignment of people, processes, and team functions
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory/management experience
- Excellent problem-solving, time management, and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and inspire great performance.
- Experience working in a shelter setting preferred.
- Commitment to the mission, values, goals, and people-centered philosophy of WHS.
Full-time Benefits Include:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Group term life insurance and voluntary life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible spending plans
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Aflac supplemental benefit
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- Paid family Leave
Time off including:
- Paid time off (PTO)
Full-time and part-time staff are eligible for the following benefits:
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 30% off adoption fees
- 30% off manners classes and behavior consultations
- 20% off youth programs
- Event discounts
- Animal Antics retail discounts
- Limited wellness/veterinary care services for companion animals
Come see why over 240 staff call one of WHS’s 6 locations home! You’ll be happy you did!
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Wisconsin Humane Society (WHS) is the oldest and largest shelter in Wisconsin. It was founded in 1879 and operates shelters in Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Door, and Brown Counties, as well as a Spay/Neuter Clinic in West Allis. The organization offers adoption services, educational programming, and veterinary resources for animals from low-income households, retail stores, volunteer programs, and dog training classes. The Milwaukee shelter also houses the states busiest Wildlife Rehabilitation Center. WHS is an independent nonprofit and receives no general government funding and is not part of any national umbrella group.
To apply, please visit wihumane.org/employment to complete and submit an online employment application. Only applications submitted through our online application system may be considered. Please know that it is our policy to reply to every application received once we have a status update.